Frank "Curley" Gangarosa

I think pretty much anyone in the senior/alumni corps activity knows who Frank "Curley" Gangarosa is. He marched with the Auburn Purple Lancers in the 50s, Syracuse Brigadiers in the late 50s, Rochester Crusaders in the 60s, Rochester Phoenix in the 70s and has helped in the support area with the Empire Statesmen and Mighty St. Joes Alumni Corps. He has been a strong supporter of our activity since the 1950s and knows people from virtually every corps that you can think of and has been a familiar figure on the sidelines and in the stands at shows for years.

He has had some pretty serious medical issues and has had to give up his apartment and move into a nursing home. He also has given up his car because he can no longer drive. He is at the Kirkhaven Nursing Home, 254 Alexander St. Rochester, NY 14607. He does not have a phone, nor can he be summoned to the phone, but really love to hear from his drum corps friends by way of a note or card. Also, if you're in the area he'd welcome a visit as well.

I think pretty much anyone in the senior/alumni corps activity knows who Frank "Curley" Gangarosa is. He marched with the Auburn Purple Lancers in the 50s, Syracuse Brigadiers in the late 50s, Rochester Crusaders in the 60s, Rochester Phoenix in the 70s and has helped in the support area with the Empire Statesmen and Mighty St. Joes Alumni Corps. He has been a strong supporter of our activity since the 1950s and knows people from virtually every corps that you can think of and has been a familiar figure on the sidelines and in the stands at shows for years.

He has had some pretty serious medical issues and has had to give up his apartment and move into a nursing home. He also has given up his car because he can no longer drive. He is at the Kirkhaven Nursing Home, 254 Alexander St. Rochester, NY 14607. He does not have a phone, nor can he be summoned to the phone, but really love to hear from his drum corps friends by way of a note or card. Also, if you're in the area he'd welcome a visit as well.

Lets go play outside his window!

sad to hear this about curley. he is a good man. he always made me laugh and was fun to be around. i wish curley good luck and hope he can make all the nurses and docs laugh during his time there.

good luck curley my old friend.

After you play outside his window... we could all sing HIS song... one of the most famous in drum corps...

Cu... Cu... Cu... Curley...

lol... nothing like being so famous you have all your friends singing about you...

The only song sung more often in either the Brigs or Cru was H I L T O N S U C..... you all know the rest

I know so many Curley stories that I wouldn't know where to begin

Hang in there old friend...

Curley had more than just one song about him. Yes the most famous may be the C-C-C-Curley sang to the Billboard March, but what about Gang, Gangarosa S---s, Gang, Gangarosa S---s over the bass ostinato of Black Saddle and then the verse with his name handling the dramatic looming melody.

Donny alias Chugger. Thats what Curly called me when I was a wee lad.

DA

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that. Godspeed Curley.