Another Cadets2 ?

wait,........this is like deja vu all over again,..........didn't this discussion take place with the advent of C2?,..............it is a red hearing,......MBI rehearses on weeknights too,....what's the big deal?

EXACTLY!

If nothing else, Cadets2 opened the door to the realization we are all in the same boat, just on different ends of that boat. If this activity is to sink or swim, we will do it together.

BAIL! BAIL!

• Like 1

True enough, Mike. Just not much additional expense to DCA. I believe DCA would be amenable to opening their performance dates to DCI participants who just want regular work.

IF it's economically sound for the host to do so. Remember, DCA doesn't price shows and apeparances like DCI does.

Gary, I feel the same way on the new division thing. However, without some sort of division of results, I can hear many objections like "Yeah, but they're all kids. They practice seven days a week. It's just not fair to lose to someone with that advantage!" This is the only problem to work out, or accept, In my mind.

Fred, Just as a point of general information, Cadets2 rehearse one weekend a month. Full day on Saturday and half day on Sunday. That's it. The reason they were organized, as I understand it, was to provide performance opportunities for young people who for a variety of reasons weren't able to march a touring corps, or just did not particularly want to do so. Most of the C2 Cadets have demanding school or work schedules, family obligations, and other real-life conflicts that would preclude more additional rehearsal obligations. If there are people who have concerns that Cadets2 are able to rehearse more than anyone else, I hope you will set their concerns to rest with this information.

Fred, Just as a point of general information, Cadets2 rehearse one weekend a month. Full day on Saturday and half day on Sunday. That's it. The reason they were organized, as I understand it, was to provide performance opportunities for young people who for a variety of reasons weren't able to march a touring corps, or just did not particularly want to do so. Most of the C2 Cadets have demanding school or work schedules, family obligations, and other real-life conflicts that would preclude more additional rehearsal obligations. If there are people who have concerns that Cadets2 are able to rehearse more than anyone else, I hope you will set their concerns to rest with this information.

This post describes many of the reasons that weekend only corps for any age group makes sense,.............these are some of the exact reasons it works for C2 AND everyone else in the circuit,................

Yes, I am aware of the practice time of Cadets2. They even practice at the school I worked before retiring! I was thinking about accommodating a regular competitor on the DCI schedule who desires additional work at DCA events, a "Jersey Surf-type" corps who is forced to restrict its travel radius. I suppose there aren't many of those out there, right now.

Good to hear that.

It is as it should be for an all-age corps.