BD's an Awesome Organization

Be sure to keep after Plan9 to collect your promotion check. He can be hard to get in touch with when he owes you money.

:tongue:/> (He should be here any moment now...)

But, I absolutely agree about BD. They've built up a nice empire and seem to use it well to promote themselves and their friends.

• Like 1

Be sure to keep after Plan9 to collect your promotion check. He can be hard to get in touch with when he owes you money.

tongue.gif/> (He should be here any moment now...)

But, I absolutely agree about BD. They've built up a nice empire and seem to use it well to promote themselves and their friends.

Now, that's a bit dark! :cool:/>

Let's just say that "their friends" are the activity. I have personally heard DG talk about their willingness to export their "methods and biz model" to all willing to listen. But DC corps directors, et al are a heady bunch. Having said that, BD's model works....for them.... and they aggressively pursue new ways of seeing things and are unafraid to go where no man has gone before ($1 to Gene R.) both artistically and operationally. In the end, I believe success is their rudder and if it doesn't work....alter the course.

Oh BTW, DrumManTx, I'll need your correct spelling for the money order. :rolleyes:/>

• Like 1

With their special needs guard, sending grants and brass instruments to South Africa, their Guatemala trip, and other things, are they not doing some awesome stuff? I also find it super classy of them to be promoting Crown coming to the West Coast in 2013 on their facebook page. They sure don't mind Crown. Think what you want about their shows on the field, but as an organization, they are awesome in the ways they reach out to different communities, people, and countries as well as being classy towards the corps most people wanted to win over them last year. I just thought BD should get some love where it is well deserved! thumbup.gif

... and they're in Lithuania about 3 weeks from now. :)

• Like 2

Scojo said we will find out in June what they are up to.

Either way I think it's great that a drum corps is working with a major movie studio. I hope it paves the way for other corps to follow suit. I don't want drum corps to become too popular though, because then I think it would be painfully watered down.