Pioneer 2013

As ever looking forward to seeing them this year and as ever hoping they won't be last in WC.

PS. the music in the 1st half of this clip is Scotland the Brave......... Just sayin tongue.gif

Edited by 3rd Glasgow BB

Looking forward to the season too! Great music has been chosen for this year! Can't wait to see it on the field because it's music that the audience will be able to hum to and remember when they are leaving the stadium! Can't say that about many shows these days! Placement doesn't matter. All that matters is Better Every Day!

Looking forward to the season too! Great music has been chosen for this year! Can't wait to see it on the field because it's music that the audience will be able to hum to and remember when they are leaving the stadium! Can't say that about many shows these days! Placement doesn't matter. All that matters is Better Every Day!

They are a drum corps, but they teach so much more than drum corps in that program. They always have! :thumbup:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Good Day, Everyone!

If you haven't had a chance to see the changes going on in our little irish part of the world, please check things out! New show announcement, staff advancements and additions, a MIDI of the opener for the show, and much more! www.pioneer-corps.org

One of those changes is my role with the corps; I have been asked to assume the role of Director of Operations. In this role, I'll be working with expanding our social media footprint, grant writing, general fundraising as well as assisting members with sponsorships, day-to-day logistics, creating and implementing a handbook, organizing and editing our curriculum, and changing how we use technology in our unique learning environment. I'll still be teaching on occasion, but the Caption Head position is now in the able hands of Jon Gifford, who returns to our staff for a second year.

In an effort to increase our presence online, please check out our "Splash Page": http://about.me/pioneer_corps this link takes you to our social media sites, and will be expanded on in the future.

Check out the website for more info, and please let me know if you have any questions, interested students, etc. Recruiting has been pretty good this year, but we could use a few more in brass and guard, especially.

Thanks again, and stay better every day!

Lansing R. Dimon

• Like 6

Camp this weekend! Can't wait to see the show start to come together and hope to see a ton of young ladies and gentlemen show up to embark on a tremendous summer!

• 3 weeks later...

The older I get the less I give a care about points. Pioneer is on the field every year, and I look forward to seeing them every year, year in year out for decades. That is a true drumcorps.

• Like 1

Hopefully they can field a full corps

• Like 1

Hopefully they can field a full corps

Right now about 80+ members for 2013. Full battery, need a few more front ensemble, and a few color guard. Main area that is needed is brass section! Great show concept and great teaching staff this year. Check out their website for more info!

• 1 month later...

Good Afternoon from Sunny Muscatine, Iowa!

Just a quick update!

Currently the corps is rehearsing at an incredible facility, and had an outstanding rehearsal yesterday. Changes to the closer have been worked in, and the members are starting to really 'click' into the program, considering the young age and first time members.

We will be in Dubuque, Iowa tomorrow, then back in Milwaukee for the weekend, which includes our Alumni Reunion and an exhibition at the MACBDA Championships at Whitewater Stadium.... then off on second tour, starting in Lebanon, IL as we head towards Regional in San Antonio.

We have been blessed with alot of NEW things this year... New sound equipment, computer and electronics to boost the front ensemble (final part of that arriving this weekend)... new guard uniforms that look outstanding.... new silks... and all Mapex equipment completely through the ensemble.

We also have been implementing a new online management system called Charms to help with managing member data, our calendar, forms, etc. and make them accessible online. This is being added in stages, but so far it's been working well, and really helped communication between parents, members and the corps management. We're looking to expand on this as we push into 2014.

Pioneer's also been making a push into more social media, notably Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. If you haven't found us there... look for us! @pinoeerdbc for twitter, and "pioneer" on pinterest. Our new downloadable app (www.appcat.com/pioneer/) and the new digital "Shamrock" newsletter, including a PDF and iPad version are additional social media and communication tools to help highlight the corps!

Hope everyone enjoys and gets to see the show this season and enjoys the 'new spirit' that Pioneer has to offer this year! See you soon!

Lansing.