Southeastern Championship

Very well, my assumption was apparently incorrect. I agree that outdoor shows are far better acoustically. BUT, I just have so many memories of showing up to an outdoor marching show, be it high school or DCI, and it being rained out (not delayed or postponed, but CANCELLED) that I tend to prefer just having a show indoors whenever possible. But soon, we'll both get our way when the new Falcons stadium is completed.

You're not wrong. People misuse stats all the time :-) Allentown is in the 10-30 shade.

TstormFreq.gif

You're not wrong. People misuse stats all the time :-) Allentown is in the 10-30 shade.

I must be confused. I thought the post I responded to said this:

To be fair, it rains a whole lot more in the Southeast during the summer months than it does in PA. Crown's home shows get rained out just about every other year.

Whereas it apparently said this:

To be fair, it storms a whole lot more in the Southeast during the summer months than it does in PA. Crown's home shows get rained out just about every other year.

The former is of course demonstrably false. The latter is true. Apologies for my mistake.

I must be confused. I thought the post I responded to said this:

Whereas it apparently said this:

The former is of course demonstrably false. The latter is true. Apologies for my mistake.

lol. touche :-)

my point was that total monthly rainfall does not necessarily correlate to drum corps show rainouts (since most shows seem to start right at peak thunderstorm time). so it's perfectly possible to have a larger number of shows rained out without seeing a dramatic difference in total rainfall.

TstormFreq.gif

This might be re-posted in the No Shows in Florida this Summer thread elsewhere in this forum. Says a lot.