Garfield Cadets 1985

OK, Cadets, I've heard 100 stories about how the beginning of "Candide" was screwed up, but I can't really hear it. I have both the semifinals tape (high camera) and of course finals for comparison. There's a huge thread on this at the Cadets' alumni site, and Hopkins/Cesario discuss it at length on their threepeat discussion DVD. The "worst" thing I can see is a pit member not getting to her keyboard in time... and there's a look on her face like "uh oh." Hopkins said one side was 2 counts off, but again, I can't hear anything. "Candide" sounds fine from the start, so please explain!

The "worst" thing I can see is a pit member not getting to her keyboard in time... and there's a look on her face like "uh oh." Hopkins said one side was 2 counts off, but again, I can't hear anything. "Candide" sounds fine from the start, so please explain!

I thought her reaction was part of the show.

I've listened to it a few times recently and can't hear it. I mean there are some general timing issues, but Candide almost always has those.

• 1 month later...

Listen for a 3-pronged battery entrance in Candide (I think should have been a single hit). See other thread -- some were also out of step because of it.