Who Loves Drum Corps?

I would like drum and bugle corps today, but there are no drum and bugle corps. There are b flat trumpet bands, but no one has played a bugle in years.

The difference to me, is that it used to be an activity for kids. Now it is an activity for "designers" and "artists" who failed to achieve their broadway and hollywood dreams and are determined to realize their "artistic visions" in an activity that cannot portray such "visions" on a stage the size of a football field. On a football field, only two things work: volume and mass. No designer today understands that. They continue to see things on broadway and in musical videos and try to make those things work on a football field. The only place it works is between their ears, augmented by their ego. The only part that kids play in the activity today is as an easily replaceable moving part in someone's "artistic vision." They are chattel, secondary elements.

Drum corps used to work with and for the kids that they had. Now kids have to work with and for the trumpet bands that exist.

Now, I very much appreciate the hard work, talent, and effort of the performers. But I don't like the product they are putting out.

You don't mind if I disagree with essentially every syllable of your post do you?

Only 2 things work? Volume and Mass? Yikes!

Did you hear 84 Cadets' "I Had a Love" ???

I could do this forever...

The activity still works - these are still kids - I know - I've taught 'em and my daughter is one of them. I hope my grandson will do it in a couple of years.

And the show designers are not failed Broadway designers, they're successful Music in Motion designers, or trying to become successful in some cases.

I respect your right to your opinion. I couldn't disagree with you more if someone paid me to.

• Like 2

Did the Guard climb up a waterspout in the show ?

Yes and seems like there's 2 pseudo waterspouts in the show. Here's a link. I'll let you decide

If you don't mind, I'm very busy and love my family. I saw 25% of WGI 2013 FN so far, 75% to go during leisure time (me time ; )

You don't mind if I disagree with essentially every syllable of your post do you?

Only 2 things work? Volume and Mass? Yikes!

Did you hear 84 Cadets' "I Had a Love" ???

I could do this forever...

The activity still works - these are still kids - I know - I've taught 'em and my daughter is one of them. I hope my grandson will do it in a couple of years.

And the show designers are not failed Broadway designers, they're successful Music in Motion designers, or trying to become successful in some cases.

I respect your right to your opinion. I couldn't disagree with you more if someone paid me to.

I'm with Alan on this one. Really miss the distinctive (and loud) sound of the horns that were referred to as bugles and simpler, more crowd pleasing shows.