What was the best crowd response your corps got and where?

Canadian National Championships in Ottawa, Canada 1967. Toronto Optimists announced on the starting line and being booed by a crowd of 15,000. By concert they were cheering and the Optimists had won their tenth consecutive National Championship.

• Like 1

Canadian National Championships in Ottawa, Canada 1967. Toronto Optimists announced on the starting line and being booed by a crowd of 15,000. By concert they were cheering and the Optimists had won their tenth consecutive National Championship.

The very best are the days it goes from booing to cheering.

Those you never forget.

Good one.

• Like 1

1981 Madison Scouts at DCI Midwest finals at Warhawk stadium in Whitewater, WI. Every major Drum Corps was at this show. We were 3rd in prelims & won finals. The place went nuts.

72 US Open the lights went out as we were setting up on the starting line. Our Dm called us to attention in the dark when the lights went on the crowd went nuts chairing us on from beginning to end of the show. We feed off of that and that was the best pre Coats show for the ST. Andrews Bridgemen. Next 76 DCI finals when we hit the stands in the Color Pre and of course the faint at the end. Two of my favorite drum corps moments.

• Like 1

Montreal loved the Blue Devils in 1990!

72 US Open the lights went out as we were setting up on the starting line. Our Dm called us to attention in the dark when the lights went on the crowd went nuts chairing us on from beginning to end of the show. We feed off of that and that was the best pre Coats show for the ST. Andrews Bridgemen. Next 76 DCI finals when we hit the stands in the Color Pre and of course the faint at the end. Two of my favorite drum corps moments.

You know, scanning your profile, there has to be a book in your experience, starting in Bayonne in '69 and climaxing lying on your back at Franklin Field in 1976...

And the cast of characters - Claire Emmons, Jerry Moorecraft, Ed Holmes, Wilke, Bobby Thompson, Hoffman, Delucia, and all those North Jersey kids. Not sure who Joe Pesci would play but there has to be a role there.

Man, you experienced one of the richest traditions in the history of our activity and arguably the greatest transformation from the depths (sorry - I know it doesn't seem that way to a member) of 1975 to the heights of 1976 and beyond.

And all that with essentially no money. Zippedy. Just the greatest heart ever to step out on the field.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 1

You know, scanning your profile, there has to be a book in your experience, starting in Bayonne in '69 and climaxing lying on your back at Franklin Field in 1976...

And the cast of characters - Claire Emmons, Jerry Moorecraft, Ed Holmes, Wilke, Bobby Thompson, Hoffman, Delucia, and all those North Jersey kids. Not sure who Joe Pesci would play but there has to be a role there.

Man, you experienced one of the richest traditions in the history of our activity and arguably the greatest transformation from the depths (sorry - I know it doesn't seem that way to a member) of 1975 to the heights of 1976 and beyond.

And all that with essentially no money. Zippedy. Just the greatest heart ever to step out on the field.

It was quite a ride and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Even 74 & 75 I was just glad I was there for 76. That year alone was a fun ride.

• Like 1

It was quite a ride and wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Even 74 & 75 I was just glad I was there for 76. That year alone was a fun ride.

But who would Pesci play? Vito Geronda? Gotta be someone...

But who would Pesci play? Vito Geronda? Gotta be someone...

That might work, Ray. How about Donald Sutherland as Bobby Hoffman, and George Clooney as Dennis DeLucia? :silly: