Mandarins Narration

if you are referring to Criminal that was 2007

2008 was the Knockout show which also used some narration to good effect during the drum solo training section.

That guy whoever he is did a great job sounding like a real boxing announcer and a gritty coach/trainer and also matched the intensity/pace of the music, which is why that show is an example of effective narration.

Mandarins this year works as well. The show is presented as a memoir of an immigrant, and the narrator sounds like an aged immigrant. The show is largely a loud and intense musical affair, and narrator sounds like George Takei in his serious/intense roles.

Yea that Bluecoat show was cool. (the cop show right)? This one is pretty cool though. At first I was huh narration but it is a good story and I really embrace the Mandarins past. They have been around for quite a while. I have a photo of them from 71. I sent it to their director about 9-10 years ago back when they were the A 60 champs for many years.

My neighbors loved Mandarins!

if you are referring to Criminal that was 2007

2008 was the Knockout show which also used some narration to good effect during the drum solo training section.

Yea I was referring to 2008 as in the Knockout.

That guy whoever he is did a great job sounding like a real boxing announcer and a gritty coach/trainer and also matched the intensity/pace of the music, which is why that show is an example of effective narration.

Mandarins this year works as well. The show is presented as a memoir of an immigrant, and the narrator sounds like an aged immigrant. The show is largely a loud and intense musical affair, and narrator sounds like George Takei in his serious/intense roles.

Crown's horse race announcer at the end of "Triple Crown" in 2007 was fine too. (They just needed a "Feetlebaum" to make it perfect.)

And along with Bluecoats' 2007 narration for "Criminal" (sufficiently convincing in a police persona--and perhaps just a little like the officer on South Park, particularly when he says, "We're in hot pursuit"?), there was some humor: "Drop your weapons" and the guard does; "You have the right to remain silent" followed by ten seconds of silent drill; "Anything you play can and will be used against you"; and horses named "Green Machine", "Devil in Blue", and my favorite, "Holy Garfield".