My Annual Predictions

You know what would make for an interesting final result (Well..for some).

Friday night:

Crown

Blue Devils

Cadets

Saturday night:

Crown

Cadets

Blue Devils

If it happens....you read it here first :tongue:/>

I think that would be a really interesting turn of events. I would personally love to see BD fall to 3rd. I think they've been kinda overrated for a while now; very talented to be sure, but overrated. I really enjoy when Saturday night isn't a carbon copy of Atlanta or Allentown, and I especially enjoy when it's not a copy of even Friday.

• Like 1

I think that would be a really interesting turn of events. I would personally love to see BD fall to 3rd. I think they've been kinda overrated for a while now; very talented to be sure, but overrated. I really enjoy when Saturday night isn't a carbon copy of Atlanta or Allentown, and I especially enjoy when it's not a copy of even Friday.

BD earned every title by great design and superb execution..if someone beats them it's because their design and execution was better.....period.Overrated? Hardly.

• Like 1

BD earned every title by great design and superb execution..if someone beats them it's because their design and execution was better.....period.Overrated? Hardly.

I was just sharing my opinion that the design was overrated. As in, rated higher than it deserved. Now, that's the judges' prerogative, so I'm by no means complaining. And I admitted that their execution has been superb, at times bordering on flawless. But in my opinion, the design wasn't as good as the scores reflected. I agree with you that, when someone beats BD, it's because they have superior design and execution. But that doesn't mean that every show that has better design and/or execution has beat BD. You can disagree, but it's not really fair to say that everything BD did was undeniably great.

When their score was current, they were 17th or 18th :music:/>

The only time OC was in 17/18 was when there were only 18 or 19 corps with current scores. Don't get me wrong, I've heard really great things and I'm really impressed with how they came out swinging in their first World Class season. But it's pretty skewed to quote their erstwhile 17th place ranking out of context.

I was just sharing my opinion that the design was overrated. As in, rated higher than it deserved. Now, that's the judges' prerogative, so I'm by no means complaining. And I admitted that their execution has been superb, at times bordering on flawless. But in my opinion, the design wasn't as good as the scores reflected. I agree with you that, when someone beats BD, it's because they have superior design and execution. But that doesn't mean that every show that has better design and/or execution has beat BD. You can disagree, but it's not really fair to say that everything BD did was undeniably great.

If I had said "undeniably great" you would be right......I didn't.

The best part about beating BD these days is ...to do it, you need to be at another level...and isn't that good for the activity?

Edited by Plan9

If I had said "undeniably great" you would be right......I didn't.

The best part about beating BE these days is ...to do it, you need to be at another level...and isn't that good for the activity?

I felt you implied it by scoffing at my suggestion that BD might be at times overrated. If that's not the case, I apologize, but it sounds like you think that everything BD has won with is great, and I don't agree with that. Yes, it's good to push the activity. But in my opinion, I think they are getting too much credit for "pushing the activity forward" without really engaging the audience. And this is just my opinion, but a metaphoric slap in the face is not engagement.

I felt you implied it by scoffing at my suggestion that BD might be at times overrated. If that's not the case, I apologize, but it sounds like you think that everything BD has won with is great, and I don't agree with that. Yes, it's good to push the activity. But in my opinion, I think they are getting too much credit for "pushing the activity forward" without really engaging the audience. And this is just my opinion, but a metaphoric slap in the face is not engagement.

And you said it again. In competition there are two ways to win, do it better than your competitors OR the competitors don't do as well as they could. This year, there are several corps that have brought shows that are equal to BD (one particularly). It's exciting to see this happen...and if CC (or Cadets) win, it's because they took a superb design and executed it at level equal to, or better than BD. And you don't need to apologize for your opinion.....at least not to me.

1- CarolinaCrown

2- The Cadets

3- SCV

4- BD - So good, but others are having a great year.

5- The Cavaliers – So much for them dropping out of finals… It’s a possibility…

6- Madison Scouts – Having a good year!

7- Bluecoats – Not sure what's going on with their scores

8- Phantom Regiment - Same with Phantom

9- Spirit - Wow, what a horn line and book!

10- Boston - They will rise.

11- Blue Knights -

12- Troopers/Blue Stars - Gosh I want a tie...

------------

14- Crossmen

15- Pacific Crest

16- Academy

17- Oregon Crusaders

18- Colts

19- Mandarins

20- Surf

21- Cascades

22- Pioneer

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1