Quick Fan Network Question

Do you have a 2013 Fan Network Sub?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a sub to the 2013 Fan Network?

I have a sub that my friends and I split like 4-5 ways. And we watch almost all the webcasts together. It pays off in the end.

So, when does the price drop ?

Well this stinks. I can't stream wireless from my MAC to the TV, and Best Buy had no solution for hooking up my PC to the TV thumbdown.gif

There's another thread about FN in which that issue specifically is covered (wireless Mac to TV). The big question is whether your TV has an HDMI input. If not, then if it at least has a VGA input it should still work for video, although you'll need to use headphones or use some other solution for audio (some TVs may have an audio in jack?).

If you're looking to go from VGA/HDMI to cable input or composite RGB cables, I'd look at Micro Center or even Radio Shack rather than Best Buy. They're not really good with, well, anything...

There's another thread about FN in which that issue specifically is covered (wireless Mac to TV). The big question is whether your TV has an HDMI input. If not, then if it at least has a VGA input it should still work for video, although you'll need to use headphones or use some other solution for audio (some TVs may have an audio in jack?).

If you're looking to go from VGA/HDMI to cable input or composite RGB cables, I'd look at Micro Center or even Radio Shack rather than Best Buy. They're not really good with, well, anything...

I have that issue figured out, I have HDMI on both the TV and PC, so I can set up with that connection, now I am wondering if Apple Airport Modem 4th gen will stream the video.

I have that issue figured out, I have HDMI on both the TV and PC, so I can set up with that connection, now I am wondering if Apple Airport Modem 4th gen will stream the video.

It certainly has the capability to. Wireless-N is more than enough, providing you have wireless-n capability on your computer. If not, you probably at least have wireless-g, which is still enough. With the more modern good quality routers, the internet provider and package you have is really the only limiting factor.

As long as you have good signal from the router on your computer and there aren't a million other devices connected to it all streaming video, you should be good.

I don't have that same router, but I streamed the Beta HQ feed from the TOC this past Thursday wirelessly with no problems, aside from the ones caused by it being beta.

Edited by cmathis

Well this stinks. I can't stream wireless from my MAC to the TV, and Best Buy had no solution for hooking up my PC to the TV thumbdown.gif

What video card do you have, and what TV?

Most modern PC's have a video card with DVI out. Hook that video directly to your HDTV, which is probably HDMI in.

Then hook your audio in your PC via the headphone jack OUT to your stereo, which is probably analog, so it would have an RCA jack with RED and WHITE (yellow is video).

C'mon man, we'll get you going! The experience is well worth it to get a big screen and stereo system sound. thumbup.gif/>

EDIT: I just saw your post further upstream, you have HDMI in both PC and HDTV? One Male-to-Male HDMI cable (very standard cable) gets both audio and video on your TV. Then use your analog cables headphone OUT to RCA jacks IN on your AVR receiver and you've got a nice setup.

Edited by wvu80

Thanks for the responses everyone... unfortunately, I was out camping this weekend with no electronics, and I have totally forgotten why I posted this poll. I hate getting old.

That said, I am quite happy to see that so many folks are taking part. Need to reward the good things that DCI is doing for the fans, to ensure that they keep doing them!

(Maybe I will someday remember my reasoning for this...)

I've had it for at least the past 5 or 6 years. I usually throw watch parties at my school's auditorium for the webcasts. It's awesome watching a live show on a 12 yard wide screen!

• Like 1