Dubuque?

Hey Tricia... It is awesome to see the immediate impact Sully Craig and staff are having... Go Red Team!:) Hope all is well

• Like 1

Hey Tricia... It is awesome to see the immediate impact Sully Craig and staff are having... Go Red Team!:) Hope all is well

I couldn't be more proud, you have no idea. And congrats to you, Dad.

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

Can anyone describe the changes that the Scouts put in their show? I saw

something about a new entrance to the field?

Congrats on the weight loss. Very impressive!

Thank you! I'm almost down to my marching weight!!! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Anyone at the show last night... Heard BK was great curious what others thought and their take.

I was at the show, but I was engaged in reunion stuff (mainly playing in the alumni corps for encore) so I didn't have a chance to post about it.

Madison marched the CG on the field in a rifle block imitating military drill, and their horns/battery came into the stadium doing a "sound off." They lined up on the goal line (from one sideline to the other) and marched about 40 yards before doing their gate turn. It was pretty cool.

I was pleasantly surprised by most of BK's show. I'm not normally a fan (Avian...oh, boy), but I was impressed with the maturity of their guard and hornline. I am distinctly NOT a fan of the amount of voiceover in the first couple minutes, but when the hornline finally came in, I enjoyed it.

I'm partial to my own corps, but I really loved this Colts show. The design is miles better than last year, and the new visual staff is pushing these kids to excellence. I don't think the brass numbers are quite reflecting the kids' actual performance yet, but I also think the impact moments aren't big enough. But it's still a great show, and they have it in them to continue kicking down doors and pushing further up the rankings.

Academy was entertaining, but over the top. I liked the concept, but they just kind of hit me in the face with it repeatedly rather than approach it with subtlety to allow me to come to love it on my own. Cascades had a decent show, but there wasn't a whole lot about it that stuck out to me. It was decent, but kind of flat. I'm wondering if the choice to use all original music was part of why I couldn't feel connected to the show.

Pioneer surprised me. This might be the best show design I've seen from them in years. The performance level is...well, seemingly pretty normal for Pioneer. But with a concept I never expected to work, and music that I never expected to hear from a drum corps, they really put out an interesting program. I was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of the design.

Legends and CC were great as well. Some really solid stuff coming out of Open Class this year.

• Like 1

I was at the show, but I was engaged in reunion stuff (mainly playing in the alumni corps for encore) so I didn't have a chance to post about it.

Madison marched the CG on the field in a rifle block imitating military drill, and their horns/battery came into the stadium doing a "sound off." They lined up on the goal line (from one sideline to the other) and marched about 40 yards before doing their gate turn. It was pretty cool.

I was pleasantly surprised by most of BK's show. I'm not normally a fan (Avian...oh, boy), but I was impressed with the maturity of their guard and hornline. I am distinctly NOT a fan of the amount of voiceover in the first couple minutes, but when the hornline finally came in, I enjoyed it.

I'm partial to my own corps, but I really loved this Colts show. The design is miles better than last year, and the new visual staff is pushing these kids to excellence. I don't think the brass numbers are quite reflecting the kids' actual performance yet, but I also think the impact moments aren't big enough. But it's still a great show, and they have it in them to continue kicking down doors and pushing further up the rankings.

Academy was entertaining, but over the top. I liked the concept, but they just kind of hit me in the face with it repeatedly rather than approach it with subtlety to allow me to come to love it on my own. Cascades had a decent show, but there wasn't a whole lot about it that stuck out to me. It was decent, but kind of flat. I'm wondering if the choice to use all original music was part of why I couldn't feel connected to the show.

Pioneer surprised me. This might be the best show design I've seen from them in years. The performance level is...well, seemingly pretty normal for Pioneer. But with a concept I never expected to work, and music that I never expected to hear from a drum corps, they really put out an interesting program. I was pleasantly surprised at the effectiveness of the design.

Legends and CC were great as well. Some really solid stuff coming out of Open Class this year.

Nicely and constructively said.