2013 Maple City Sound

Love what Bush did with Bluecoats old uniforms. It's a great new look for the corps while still retaining the primary elements of the corps' identity.

Opening trumpet solo on Jackson 5's "I'll Be There".

Ahhh, four member cymbal line. Nice.

Opening intro consists of snippets of Bushwacker history, including Sunday in the Park and La Suerte de los Tontos. Hearing some individuals stick out of the horn ensemble but they have great energy so far.

Cymbals with a great feature to start the next piece!

Mellophone soloist now, very nice tone. This is the selection from Dr. Who. I will not yell Allons-y.

Drum line is very strong and is throwing down tonight.

OK, I've had to abandon the laptop and am now on my Nexus 7 from this point on.

Bushwackers have been very strong, especially from a percussion standpoint. I really enjoyed the Doctor Who section and resisted yelling "allons-y!" at the corps.

Great posture from the corps throughout the show. They've been working their basics.

Horns have had stick outs on occasion during their performance, but it's still a couple months before Finals so they have plenty of time to work out those kinks.

Very solid performance from the Bushwackers tonight. Definitely a better start to the season than in the recent past.

Also, another corps who troops the stands with a cadence. Bonus points for Bush, too.

Next on the field is Windsor Regiment from . Their 2013 program is entitled "Blossom" and consists of:

Flower Duet (from Lakme) by Delibes, Leo

Overture to Candide by Bernstein, Leonard

The Rose by McBroom, Amanda

Appalachian Spring by Copland, Aaron

This is another corps which has taken a DCI corps' uniform (2007-2009 Carolina Crown) and made it their own. I think it actually looks better on Windsor thanks to the changes they made.

Opening duet of Flower Duet, trumpet and mellophone.

There are picket fence props on the field. Guard is in black tank tops and shorts, not sure that's the final uniform.

Being where I am, I mainly heard the duet and the pit, which sounded very nice.

Overture to Candide now. Brass and percussion opening with the pit playing the main melody before the horns come back in.

There is a baritone marching backwards across the field with excellent posture and with her eyes locked on the DM. I hope my DCW photog partner caught that because she looked awesome.

Drum line now up front with the horns marching behind them. As a result, I'm getting a lot of percussion.