San Antonio Showdown

A-freakin-men. It is easy to play to the crowds' emotions (especially in drum corps). Just play really loud major chords in tune and end with a company front. You will get a standing ovation every time. I hope that isn't what people think drum corps should be.

I will definitely say I think a good drum corps show should, in addition to being designed and executed well, should get people to leap out of their seats. There are any number of ways to end a show effectively and get the babies flying. The challenge is finding new ways of doing so, not in avoiding it altogether.

A-freakin-men. It is easy to play to the crowds' emotions (especially in drum corps). Just play really loud major chords in tune and end with a company front. You will get a standing ovation every time. I hope that isn't what people think drum corps should be.

Hmmm, let's see. Get standing ovations every time, sell more tickets. Yeah, we don't want Drum Corps to be about that, do we? :tongue:

• Like 2

I know what " FY " means... but what is " WW " ? Just give me a hint.. like rymnes with or such.

FYWW is the collective name for the San Francisco Giants relief pitchers.

These arms are so filthy that in a game in which the Giants hold a slim lead, bringing any of these pitchers into the game is the manager's way of saying to the opposition "**** You, We win" (which they eventually will do)

Sorry, I see the question was answered. I lost all computer connection during the Cavies show and am desperately trying to catch up...Talk about cussing, throwing things, and tears.

Wasn't it determined the person who wrote that was a troll?

Edited by Tricia-A BD/BK Mom

EDIT

Edited by lOST BOY

Yea, well...check the "judge trends" after BD's first two wins over Crown in CA. Holy cow folks, there are three weeks left in the season! That's an eternity!

I agree!

Edited by lOST BOY

I will definitely say I think a good drum corps show should, in addition to being designed and executed well, should get people to leap out of their seats. There are any number of ways to end a show effectively and get the babies flying. The challenge is finding new ways of doing so, not in avoiding it altogether.

Agreed - it can be all things. It needs to be in order for the activity to prosper.

I honestly think Crown's show is maybe becoming a bit stale for the members. They were performing it so well just a couple weeks into the season, I think maybe the cleaning is getting tedious for them (other than for the percussion, I would imagine). There is actually a few things I noticed tonight that didn't go so well, that have been spot on in every other performance I have seen this year, and there were many reports of a "off night" at their last show. Maybe they are working on some really specific stuff and neglecting some others right now... I'm not really sure. I think some changes are in order, not so much because the show needs to be massively improved upon, but just to re-focus the members.

That is called they peaked.

• Like 1

[Edit

Edited by lOST BOY

On my way back, will probably write a review LATE tonigjt. Had a blast this weekend. 9 hour drive. Whoo.

drive safe & watch out of the other guy!

looking forward to the review...