Einstein On The Beach

Just a small attempt at some humor...please peeps, let's not freak out.

Their love for each other was so profound that no words were needed to describe it!

Finally, she spoke...

John thinks: Awe, I was just starting to get into the touching bodies thing!

"Do you love me John"?, she asked.

John thinks: so much for the profound no words needed thing...he answers in his most convincing voice: "You know I do darling, you are my sun, and moon, my world! My life is nothing without you!"

That seems to satisfy her. John checks his email and messages on his phone.

She speaks again..."How much do you love me John?"

John thinks: Really? Why do I bother? Didn't she hear the sun and moon thing? Next she will probably ask me if those purple pants make her look fat!

He answers: "Infinity babe, infinity times infinity! Now come back over to the bench and let's get busy!"

Impossible you say?

• Like 8

Just a small attempt at some humor...please peeps, let's not freak out.

Their love for each other was so profound that no words were needed to describe it!

Finally, she spoke...

John thinks: Awe, I was just starting to get into the touching bodies thing!

"Do you love me John"?, she asked.

John thinks: so much for the profound no words needed thing...he answers in his most convincing voice: "You know I do darling, you are my sun, and moon, my world! My life is nothing without you!"

That seems to satisfy her. John checks his email and messages on his phone.

She speaks again..."How much do you love me John?"

John thinks: Really? Why do I bother? Didn't she hear the sun and moon thing? Next she will probably ask me if those purple pants make her look fat!

He answers: "Infinity babe, infinity times infinity! Now come back over to the bench and let's get busy!"

Impossible you say?

OK since you brought this up.

Short story- I believe it was at Crown's March camp. Saturday night they were working through the Ballad with “The Poem”. The young man who currently speak the Poem was right next to Michael Klesch as they were working on his timing and phrasing with the music. BARRY HUDSON was also at the camp (old timers should recognize the name) and made his own version of the Poem. Imagine the big bulky, crew cut guy with his thick Boston accent having “Fun” saying things like “two lovers spooning on a park bench”. At one point he has adlib an entire version. He cracked everyone up and which point I turned to Kevin Smith and say for the 2013 Crown Tour DVD there needs to be an alternate “Barry” version of the poem. I wish I had recorded that!

• Like 2

Short story- I believe it was at Crown's March camp. Saturday night they were working through the Ballad with “The Poem”. The young man who currently speak the Poem was right next to Michael Klesch as they were working on his timing and phrasing with the music. BARRY HUDSON was also at the camp (old timers should recognize the name) and made his own version of the Poem. Imagine the big bulky, crew cut guy with his thick Boston accent having “Fun” saying things like “two lovers spooning on a park bench”. At one point he has adlib an entire version. He cracked everyone up and which point I turned to Kevin Smith and say for the 2013 Crown Tour DVD there needs to be an alternate “Barry” version of the poem. I wish I had recorded that!

I'd pay good money to see that!

THAT is a "wicked pissah"! I too, would pay dearly to hear it!

My wife's reaction to the poem was less about her annoyance with narration over music, and more about how the woman in the poem is way too needy. "Do you love me, John?" is the part that set her off. :tongue:

I told her that I rationalize it is that the guy is a poet or playwright of some sort and the woman just loves to hear the kinds of crazy baroque overearnest language he can come up with, and that this is just a game they play. The woman doesn't mistrust John, she just fell in love with him because of his gift for language and this is just another instance of the fun they have with each other. That would also explain away the problem with "they needed no words to express it" line. :thumbup:

• Like 1

"Do you love me, John?"

John's mind a sudden blank, he glanced nervously around at the other corps he admired. "I...I...my love for you has...um...no beginning, no end...and uh...we'll always be...uh...side by side...and...um...you'll never walk alone."

"Oh John," she glanced downward and replied, "I see you are a Boston Crusaders fan too."

Edited by skevinp