On second thought...

I can't add 2012 BK, because I only saw it for the first time a month ago. Expected to hate it, based on DCP talk from a year ago, but I loved it - I totally got what they were doing with it, and even my kids thought it was pretty straightforward.

The one, though, that recently made my "on second thought" list was 2003 Cavaliers (Spin Cycle). At the time, I thought it was a sterile, made-for-Hal-Leonard horn book paired with more-of-the-same drill. Looking at it with fresh eyes, that drill might be the best they've ever done, and that's saying something. Very few shows actually tell a story with the drill itself, but their show really does have a flow to it that few others, including their own, have matched. And while the horn charts still aren't "whistle in the car" material, they fit what they were doing on the field *really* well.

Mike

Phantom Regiment 2004

This is a show that really grew on me and now I not only love listening to it, I love watching it as well. I think the guard's russet costume looks beautiful against the white and black of the brass and drums and the red flag at the end is gorgeous in the heart.