Drum Corps In The Movies

While watching the film tonight there is a marching band scene and the baritones have 2 valves. The film was shot in Ontario in the Niagara region. Any ideas of who the corps was?

While watching the film tonight there is a marching band scene and the baritones have 2 valves. The film was shot in Ontario in the Niagara region. Any ideas of who the corps was?

Niagara Regionaires maybe??

• Like 1

No one will ever know - they were all killed and disemboweled during the production.

Tough to break in on a Stephen King movie.

No one will ever know - they were all killed and disemboweled during the production.

So THAT'S what happened to the Regionnaires... always wondered.....

Irony is their concert in 1980 was "Amazing Grace".... :ph34r:

So THAT'S what happened to the Regionnaires... always wondered.....

Irony is their concert in 1980 was "Amazing Grace".... :ph34r:/>

How'd that work out for them?

Gone... without a trace...

just some blood spatter and chalk outlines...

CSI Buffalo gave up the investigation as soon as they realized David Caruso wasn't going to come up there where it's cold.

How'd that work out for them?

If you mean "Amazing Grace" it was a nice change of pace with a Brass Chorale feel. IIRC, started with a contra solo which was another nice change. Too bad they missed even doing exhibition at Finals as they came in 13th....

Funny thing is I forgot about it until a few years back when I got a subscription to Bob BellaRosas "East Coast Review" or whatever it was called. As a thank you for subscribing got a CD of corps doing religous type music. Think "Amazing Grace" was the newest track..... too bad Bob passed away and that was the end of the mailings. :sad:

Good point.

And they thought it was going to be an easy pay gig. :tongue:

If you mean "Amazing Grace" it was a nice change of pace with a Brass Chorale feel. IIRC, started with a contra solo which was another nice change. Too bad they missed even doing exhibition at Finals as they came in 13th....

Funny thing is I forgot about it until a few years back when I got a subscription to Bob BellaRosas "East Coast Review" or whatever it was called. As a thank you for subscribing got a CD of corps doing religous type music. Think "Amazing Grace" was the newest track..... too bad Bob passed away and that was the end of the mailings. :sad:/>

Geezus - I was kidding.

You've gotten mighty serious about everything on these stupid forums lately.

You know there are pills for that.

Geezus - I was kidding.

You've gotten mighty serious about everything on these stupid forums lately.

You know there are pills for that.

I didn't know if you meant how did AG work out for them or working on a SK movie....

Hell I though it was a serious question about the Regionnaires which very few of us ever saw.. And did enjoy the CSI Buffalo reference.... :tongue:

Note to self... don't take Ray too seriously.... :devil:

PS - MY wife sez I don't need pills as I can be a real pill.... :shutup:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Hi. I was one of those baritone players. And yes, it was the Regionnaires. Two baritones, soprano,(played trumpet.)two snares and a bass drum.They mixed us in with some members of a middle school band. Poor kids didn't know what to make of us!

• Like 2