Blue Knights vs. Cavaliers -- Who will come out on top in Atlanta?

BK vs Cavaliers  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who will come out on top in Atlanta?

• Blue Knights
    • Cavaliers

Based on performance order, what I saw in San Antonio in Blue Knights and Cavaliers, and the fact that in my opinion this is BKs best show since their 06 - 08 runs, they are in perfect position with this performance shot to make a move. That guard is on fire, the visual program is off the roof cool, and they have a great percussion section that got underscored in San Antonio IMO. The new ending is off the hook and they still have lots of room to clean. Like I said, that performance spot is giving them the chance to make a move. That tambourine feature is freakin awesome too! Was very surprised at how cool and well played that is!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I had to answer the poll in favor of Cavies. Not because I think they should beat BK in Atlanta, but because I think the judges will place Cavies over BK.

In respect to BAC, I said early on that I think Boston and BK will fight it out for a spot...that Boston will surge. I haven't seen the surge yet, but they can still do it. If they do, it'll make for one of the more interesting groupings in all of Finals, IMO. Cavies, Boston and BK. (Madison will be a bit higher with Bluecoats and PR)

• Like 1

I could see that happening. Boston has the best show of the 3 - and the better hornline. I don't think any of that group catches the Scouts this year but I've been wrong before.

I could not disagree more. The Boston show is quite a disappoinment for me this year. I have really liked what they have done since 2009, but this year just falls flat with me.

• Like 1

I could not disagree more. The Boston show is quite a disappoinment for me this year. I have really liked what they have done since 2009, but this year just falls flat with me.

Agreed, was bored stiff with this corps in La Crosse. Nothing memorable but the change from grey to red, which was too little too late. Cavies had more dirt but overall a much more interesting and engaging show.

• Like 1

Based on performance order, what I saw in San Antonio in Blue Knights and Cavaliers, and the fact that in my opinion this is BKs best show since their 06 - 08 runs, they are in perfect position with this performance shot to make a move. That guard is on fire, the visual program is off the roof cool, and they have a great percussion section that got underscored in San Antonio IMO. The new ending is off the hook and they still have lots of room to clean. Like I said, that performance spot is giving them the chance to make a move. That tambourine feature is freakin awesome too! Was very surprised at how cool and well played that is!

Based on the fact that Blue Knight are not good musically, I would say Cavaliers. Visually BK has a great show and it seems like BK vs Cavaliers vis. is kind of a wash (BK guard = awesome!): same with Effect. But musically BK is not really in the ballpark with Cavaliers, especially in percussion. BK's horn line is closer, especially design. But musical performance is keeping BK behind Cavaliers right now.

Boston beats both of them !

Based on what logic?!

* at San Antonio BAC was 2+ points behind Cavaliers. They were better than Cavaliers brass by .2 (which isn't too far off of saying 'any given night' in regards to scoring: meaning Cavaliers could win that caption a few nights later with a better run). BAC was also .2 better than Cavaliers visually from the box. But the other captions were significantly behind Cavaliers.

* last night Cavaliers beat BAC by 2+ points again. This time, though, Cavaliers won brass.

You're saying Boston can make up 2+ points in a few days, meaning they'll have to make up differentials in 6/8 captions. I find that implausible

Scores from DCI Arkansas tonight... Not what I was expecting.

2 The Cavaliers 85.400 3 Boston Crusaders 83.200 4 Blue Knights 83.050

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/index.cfm?event=499de3b2-1f38-4b96-9f52-1eec138348b4#ixzz2a1V0wF8d

Almost exactly what I was expecting. I got 3 negatives earlier for my post. I am not sure exactly why. I love Blue Knights, and several times over the last 12 seasons I have felt they didn't score/place quite as high as they should have. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I really thought Cavaliers were really going to open up the spread this week. I still think during finals week, BK and Boston are going to end up 9th and 10th. I still think it could go either way. And I still think Cavaliers could end up as high as 5th still. They have the most cleaning to do of the top 8. And I would bet the Cavaliers are 5-6 points ahead of BK during finals week. BK has a very unusual show, and it took me until they really started nailing First Circle before I really started to enjoy it. I am not going to enjoy it any more if they beat Cavaliers, and I am not going to enjoy it any less if they are behind Cavaliers. Best of luck to both corps during the final 3 weeks.

• Like 1