Has there ever been a show designed around comedy?

Golly, you are older than I thought - PDQ Bach supposedly died sometime in the late 1600's.

That said - I Agree that it wouldn't go over well w/ a DC audience. I saw PDQ/Schickele on the 'Tonite' show (w/ Johnny Carson) in the late 80's and he totally bombed. Went over everyone's head. I think it may be too subtle, or maybe the audience needs to really be 'in' on the joke.

Biggest joke he got was at the end when Carson said Schickele went to Julliard. Schickele got this "DUH!" look on his face and said "Uh... Yeah..". PO'ed Michael J Fox who was there to plug his latest movie. Yeah... audience didn't have a clue what this was about.

Sis called me when the show started and I hit the VCR record button and went back to bed. Still had the tape until a few years back when I canned the tapes. Oh yeah... Elle McPhearson was the other guest when she was starting out.

At least that's the show I caught.....

PS - Sis saw "Abduction of Figero" at Philly while at college. She loved it and her boyfriend slept thru it..... matter of taste indeed Mike...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

That papier mache shark is the precursor to the wormhole...

Still funny!