This I Believe

Academy will be heard from in 2014.

So will Pacific Crest.

And Oregon.

The kids in Crown's drumline will return home to happy families and live happy, well-adjusted lives.

The "roots movement" in programming will continue to gather momentum.

The rising quality of the 8-20 echelons of corps will take (some) steam out of the secessionist movement (this may be more a wish than a belief).

Fan Network will get better.

Thunderous goo will only get deeper and more sticky.

Blue Devils will levitate and perform their 2014 show within a rotating electro-gaseous force-field bubble, in tonal scales not native to earthlings.

One of these I do not believe.

• Like 5

Academy will be heard from in 2014.

So will Pacific Crest.

And Oregon.

The kids in Crown's drumline will return home to happy families and live happy, well-adjusted lives.

The "roots movement" in programming will continue to gather momentum.

The rising quality of the 8-20 echelons of corps will take (some) steam out of the secessionist movement (this may be more a wish than a belief).

Fan Network will get better.

Thunderous goo will only get deeper and more sticky.

Blue Devils will levitate and perform their 2014 show within a rotating electro-gaseous force-field bubble, in tonal scales not native to earthlings.

One of these I do not believe.

I don't believe Fan Network will get better either.

• Like 4

Blue Devils "levitated" about 40 people out of the theatre last night out of the 60 or so that were there.

Plus following their show, it seemed as though the audience at Indy tried to be polite while "applauding."

• Like 1

Blue Devils "levitated" about 40 people out of the theatre last night out of the 60 or so that were there.

Plus following their show, it seemed as though the audience at Indy tried to be polite while "applauding."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA BECAUSE THEY SUCK RIGHT?? HAHAHAHAHA BRILLIANT!

• Like 2

I was watching some of the 2009 shows, and it does look like its improved (picture quality wise). btw, watched the cavies show from that year, their shows from these past two years make that show look like one from their glory years.

This. I want the Fan Network to be so good. I subscribed once, then dropped it. They've been slow to release new year's videos, and overall the experience is just not well tailored, nor curated.

Side note: No one in our theater left during Devil's show, but no one clapped either. There just didn't seem to be any exciting moments to get in to. Which I gather is kind of the 'point' of the show if one could be made. The technical ability is still beyond reproach, but the programming is just not my cup of tea.

I do believe FN will get better, if only because bandwidth in general will continue to increase, computers and modems will become more powerful, and just the whole general infrastructure of using the Internet to deliver entertainment to the home will continue to improve. FN will rise with that tide.

(We had a packed theater for quarters; crowd reaction to BD was pretty flat. More like a low whistle, less like a cheer. There were outright boos when the scores were revealed).

I've been a FN subscriber since Day 1. It's gotten *monumentally* better, particularly with the audio and video quality of the live stream. Yesterday's early show stream was outstanding. Are there hiccups and issues? Sure, but any streaming technology encounters those, not all of which are actually the fault of the content provider.

• Like 1

I do believe FN will get better, if only because bandwidth in general will continue to increase, computers and modems will become more powerful, and just the whole general infrastructure of using the Internet to deliver entertainment to the home will continue to improve. FN will rise with that tide.

(We had a packed theater for quarters; crowd reaction to BD was pretty flat. More like a low whistle, less like a cheer. There were outright boos when the scores were revealed).

FN has to figure out how to account for amped pits in the mic setup. It's been more than enough years to figure it out, yet its still almost always overpowering on the broadcasts.