"OFFICIAL" FINALS THREAD

The closeups of Crown's 1-2-3-4 speed-singers were pretty awesome last night, I thought.

Yea it was cool as long as it just shows it for a little. Don't want them on there for too long. show is too sweet to miss other parts.

I find it odd that SCVC was penalized for warming up too near this stadium, where there was no chance of their being heard inside, while Bluecoats could shout so loudly during Phantom's Akron show that it was audible to the audience both live and in the cinecast and get no penalty for that. Not to mention all the shows during the year where quiet moments in the show of the corps on the field are interrupted by other corps' percussion in the distance.

The closeups of Crown's 1-2-3-4 speed-singers were pretty awesome last night, I thought.

I live for Crown's show this year.

er... I live for Crown's show any year but especially this year. :)

• Like 1

GET IT BLOO. SIX WORDS!!! :music:

I find it odd that SCVC was penalized for warming up too near this stadium, where there was no chance of their being heard inside, while Bluecoats could shout so loudly during Phantom's Akron show that it was audible to the audience both live and in the cinecast and get no penalty for that. Not to mention all the shows during the year where quiet moments in the show of the corps on the field are interrupted by other corps' percussion in the distance.

Several quiet moments in at least four shows were ruined during the TOC show at DeKalb. I think the warmup zone was in a space between two buildings that channeled the sound directly into the stadium. It was pretty bad.

I agree, although I would say the same of horn soloists as well. Show where they are on the field (something the broadcast did not do with SCVC's opening soloists), give us a brief close-up, and then quickly cut to something moving!

YES. There is too much going on to stick to a soloist for a whole song. I'm surprised the camera guy doesn't sit on the BD trumpet soloist for the whole show. They just don't get it sometimes.

Love how Bluecoats' opening hit drill is a flag shape.