"OFFICIAL" FINALS THREAD

I've heard this uttered before in some quarters, ie, that Corps follow the Champion the following season stylistically. But upon further scrutiny and analysis we see no evidence of this historically at all. Furthermore, some of the Champions shows we've seen actually utilizing aspects of lower placing Corps newer " stuff " from the previous year or years.

When Phantom Regiment won DCI in 2008 with " Spartacus ", what did the Blue Devils utilize from their show to win in 2009 with their theme " 1930 " ?...... When the Cavaliers won in 2006 with " The Machine " theme, what did the BD do in 2007 that resembled any of that with their 2007 show " Winged Victory " ? When The Cadets won in 2011 with " Angels and Demons ", what did BD do in 2012 with " Cabaret Voltaire " that resembled what the Cadets did the year before ?... When BD won in 2003 with " Phenomonom of Cool " what did the Cavaliers do in their show in 2004 of " OO7 " that resembled any of that ? After the Cavs won in 2004 with " 007 ", the Cadets won the following year in 2005 with " The Zone ". I see no trend of " follow the leader " ( Champion) in any of this, as a matter of fact. All the Corps that have won DCI titles the last decade from Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils, Cadets, Crown appear all unique and different to me. Each has forged their own unique style, and none of them seem to be copying the other at all to me.

Which corps won with high velocity drill? I don't see any other corps copying that.

:satisfied:/>

Who won high drums by increasing the physical demand through integrating the battery within the drill patterns, and crabbing? Don't see anyone else copying that either.

If SCV abandoned the tradition of age-out feathers for show design reasons, that's kind of a big deal

Not really. When I marched, green feathers for age outs were not handed out until after DCI at the State Open contest. They did have them for retreat if it matters at all.