Would a Christian drum corps be accepted?

One thing I can tell you...to those suggesting that a mega-church backed corps would hire the best staff: That church better be ready to dig DEEP into it's pockets, because it's going to take a dump-truck full of money to convince even average staffers to work for a church-run corps. And some won't do it at any price.

"I know that restaurant only serves white people, but their food is really good."

A restaurant is a public accommodation; and for that matter so is purchasing a ticket to see a DCI show; so all applicable laws apply. But the 'corps' themselves within DCI certainly can, as individual entities, be selective on who can and cannot become members of their private all-male (or all Christian) club.

One thing I can tell you...to those suggesting that a mega-church backed corps would hire the best staff: That church better be ready to dig DEEP into it's pockets, because it's going to take a dump-truck full of money to convince even average staffers to work for a church-run corps. And some won't do it at any price.

I know a few non-Christians performing in praise bands at mega-churches because it is a good paying gig.

The idea was not for a single church sponsoring a single corps.

I know a few non-Christians performing in praise bands at mega-churches because it is a good paying gig.

Oh, no doubt. I used to play a lot of church gigs, but most of us in that area insisted on full payment before the gig. I can't tell you how many times I've been stiffed by churches (including one of the biggest mega-churches on TV).

Money talks, and BS walks. But like I said, it would take a ton of money to convince a competent staff to come on board.

Edited by Kamarag

Then why did the Blue Devils attempt to 'educate' and 'engage' us by presenting a show in which only those who were historically astute on the finer aspects of the Dada movement presented at the Cabaret Voltaire could grasp?

You're asking the wrong poster on this as I preferred looking at an 11 minute Zurich travelogue video than 11 minutes of that convoluted musical and visual BD bonanza.

Oh, no doubt. I used to play a lot of church gigs, but most of us in that area insisted on full payment before the gig. I can't tell you how many times I've been stiffed by churches (including one of the biggest mega-churches on TV).

Money talks, and BS walks. But like I said, it would take a ton of money to convince a competent staff to come on board.

A lot of ministry are volunteer. Not saying the staff would volunteer, but, it's not about money for Christians....it's about serving. Paying expenses....absolutely. Having to cut a huge check is already the kind of staff member whose heart is in the wrong place. It's like missionary work. Tons of christians in music education.

You're asking the wrong poster on this as I preferred looking at an 11 minute Zurich travelogue video than 11 minutes of that convoluted musical and visual BD bonanza.

Speaking of Bonanza......wouldn't mind seeing Trooper do Bonanza and F-Troop. Just sayin.

A lot of ministry are volunteer. Not saying the staff would volunteer, but, it's not about money for Christians....it's about serving. Paying expenses....absolutely. Having to cut a huge check is already the kind of staff member whose heart is in the wrong place. It's like missionary work. Tons of christians in music education.

Try telling that to professionals. They'll laugh in your face.