Carolina Crown to Japan in 2014

Carolina Crown has announced they are going to Japan in 2014.

1. Wow! This will be awesome. And expensive. And awesome. And expensive. How will it impact them competitively?

2. Can they have a several-day layover in California? Specifically Northern California? Super double please!?!

• Like 1

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/2013/08/12/2884054/carolina-crown-reigns-as-world.html

The article has since been edited... And now says that they will travel to Japan in October?

Wow, cool! That must be an accidental scoop by the newspaper, because they haven't announced it anywhere else.

That makes more sense than doing it during tour. I know a group of BD members went to Malaysia sometime, I think this year. Doing clinics, performing for local bands, that sort of stuff.

Edited by CrownStarr

Wow, cool! That must be an accidental scoop by the newspaper, because they haven't announced it anywhere else.

That makes more sense than doing it during tour. I know a group of BD members went to Malaysia sometime, I think this year. Doing clinics, performing for local bands, that sort of stuff.

BD Entertainment travels all over the place, but normally doesn't bring current members when they are on tour. Instead they take recent vets.

I strongly discourage any corps from traveling outside of the US during tour. We did in on 05, and there are so many differences and much more added stress, when you get back it is a bit mind-numbing to be able to get back in the swing of a full US tour. Off season trip though sounds amazing!

What an incredible opportunity for the Crown members. The timing sounds about right for the "Marching in Okayama" event held annually. My son was a member of the Blue Devils ensemble that traveled to this festival in October 2003 ... and fell in-love with the country and people.