Dci at Lambeau Field Green Bay, Wi

I have asked myself many times why has DCI not tried to put a show on at the most iconic fields of all. There has been a drought of drum corps activity in northeast Wisconsin for many years. When the Americanos closed shop they took with them the one show in the area. Now with esstablished relationships at stadiums that house NFL teams has the frozen tundra thawed enough to put on a major DCI show or even the championships.The stadium is ideal the area is ideal for a show. There are powers that could make this happen. If we demand it if we will it I think we could make it happen. Let's get a show at LA LA lambeau.

Edited by Runitagain

You have a different recollection than I do. I remember going to shows at Lambeau in the late '70s. The sound is not good in that stadium. Too much echo. I would prefer a stadium that is a natural bowl, a la Whitewater.

But, a side tour of the Packer Hall of Fame would be nice.

You have a different recollection than I do. I remember going to shows at Lambeau in the late '70s. The sound is not good in that stadium. Too much echo. I would prefer a stadium that is a natural bowl, a la Whitewater.

But, a side tour of the Packer Hall of Fame would be nice.

You have educated me didn't realize there were shows in the 70s but Also this isn't the same stadium much has changed. Also probably less echo than Los. UW marching band performs there one game a year and there isn't much echo. Yes the pa system echoes but that's because they pipe the sound from every corner and play it way to loud

Edited by Runitagain

You have educated me didn't realize there were shows in the 70s but Also this isn't the same stadium much has changed. Also probably less echo than Los. UW marching band performs there one game a year and there isn't much echo. Yes the pa system echoes but that's because they pipe the sound from every corner and play it way to loud

Did a show there in the mid 70's...We loved it!...It was awesome to march on the hallowed grounds in Title Town. And as I recall, the fans that night were very enthusiastic! It was a lot of fun!

Mad 75 what were your thoughts on echo when you marched there? I guess im not sure of the obsticals to booking a show if some incite could be brought forth. but it makes sense to have a show there from where i sit.

Mad 75 what were your thoughts on echo when you marched there? I guess im not sure of the obsticals to booking a show if some incite could be brought forth. but it makes sense to have a show there from where i sit.

It's of course many years ago, but my recolection from the field perspective was that we could hear each other just fine!...Again, my recolection was that it was a great venue and we had a blast! Maybe it was different from what the fans were hearing, but again, I remember that the fans were "WILD" that night!

Edited by Mad75

I think it would be nice there. It's hard to get professional stadiums to allow marching bands on their grass though.

I marched on that field numerous times for half-time games in the early 70s - was too young to really appreciate the Broncos coming over to talk with a bunch of us one time.

The field may be nice for marching - but the stadium seating would be horrid. Metal benches - bad, bad, bad.

Edited to add:

Silly me - the stadium is no where near the same as it was 40 years ago (except for the metal benches).

I do recall that a large regional show was held at the stadium while I was marching and the Packers said they would never allow a full corps show again due to the impact to the grass - but they don't have a grass field any more. Also - more layers have been added to the stadium making it feel more enclosed.

Edited by WIS