Prosperie on Finals Night

Did anyone else notice how hard Jeff Prosperie was working Finals night? He was all over the place judging percussion. At one point, I think during the Blue Knights, it looked like he was down in a basketball defensive stance as if to say, "No snare line is going to drive the lane on me!" :tongue:

Also, many times he almost got crunched by a drill form (either brass or percussion). I would venture to say he got a pretty good work out in, and may have lost a few pounds.

All this to say, I haven't seen a judge work that hard in a while (I know I don't get to every show), and I appreciated the effort, as I am sure the corps members and staff did as well.

Job well done Jeff. :thumbup:

• Like 6

Did anyone else notice how hard Jeff Prosperie was working Finals night? He was all over the place judging percussion. At one point, I think during the Blue Knights, it looked like he was down in a basketball defensive stance as if to say, "No snare line is going to drive the lane on me!" :tongue:/>

Also, many times he almost got crunched by a drill form (either brass or percussion). I would venture to say he got a pretty good work out in, and may have lost a few pounds.

All this to say, I haven't seen a judge work that hard in a while (I know I don't get to every show), and I appreciated the effort, as I am sure the corps members and staff did as well.

Job well done Jeff. :thumbup:/>

check out some of the great photos and funny captions and comments of above on Cadets' FB page (I saw it last week.) The guy had great straight leg technique too!

He worked his ### off, and the tapes I heard didn't even have him huffing and puffing...Army life is good for that position!

And his reads were fantastic. I dare say the best judge out there right now

• Like 3

Listened to some of his judging tapes from 2013 finals. It was really interesting! He always has so much to say when he judges, and you can tell he's working hard to give the corps accurate scores they deserve. One of the better judges in my opinion!

• Like 1

Listened to some of his judging tapes from 2013 finals. It was really interesting! He always has so much to say when he judges, and you can tell he's working hard to give the corps accurate scores they deserve. One of the better judges in my opinion!

I agree. Prosperie is a good judge.

I've watched these on field judges dodge and weave on the field for years, without getting seriously injured. At some point we might want to consider taking these judges off the field altogether, or perhaps suspending them in movable high cranes over the field like they do with the cameramen in football now, or do something else to allow them not to be running for their lives for 3 quarters of the show performance that they are judging. I don't believe for a second that these judges can properly evalauate the playing for even a third of the show in their caption. Just watch them. Half the time they're not near the section thats being judged. They're seen running, dodging, weaving, backpedaling, etc for their lives for more than half the show performance with each Corps that they are judging. The onfield judges do a phenomenal job in their duties. But with the high velocity of todays drills, and with larger Corps, they're pretty much being asked to do the impossible now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I agree. Prosperie is a good judge.

I've watched these on field judges dodge and weave on the field for years, without getting seriously injured. At some point we might want to consider taking these judges off the field altogether, or perhaps suspending them in movable high cranes over the field like they do with the cameramen in football now, or do something else to allow them not to be running for their lives for 3 quarters of the show performance that they are judging. I don't believe for a second that these judges can properly evalauate the playing for even a third of the show in their caption. Just watch them. Half the time they're not near the section thats being judged. They're seen running, dodging, weaving, backpedaling, etc for their lives for more than half the show performance with each Corps that they are judging. The onfield judges do a phenomenal job in their duties. But with the high velocity of todays drills, and with larger Corps, they're pretty much being asked to do the impossible now, imo.

Impossible you say?

How currant, O Brasso!

Edited by drilltech1
  • Like 1

Impossible you say?

How currant, O Brasso!

A " currant " is a fruit.

Are you calling me " a fruit ", or did your typing and/ or spelling take the afternoon off ?

A " currant " is a fruit.

Are you calling me " a fruit ", or did your typing and/ or spelling take the afternoon off ?

I was trying to say "au courant." That was my raisin-d'etre, ha, ha.

Edited by drilltech1

I was trying to say "au courant." That was my raisin-etre, ha, ha.

5 yard penalty for a False Start,.. 1st and 15 now. ( and as a reminder, you're out of time outs. )

Some instructors I've spoken with over the years are eager to have Jeff judge their line. Others dread when he walks on the field.

They both feel the way they do for the exact same reason: His ear is beyond amazing and nothing escapes him.