DCA Mini Corps Results

Who won DCA mini Corps. I heard on Facebook Ghost Riders were the Victors.

You heard right! GR over Star by less than a point.

GR 96

Star 95.7 I think?

• Like 1

Well, congratulations to the new champs!

You heard right! GR over Star by less than a point.

GR 96

Star 95.7 I think?

I'll have to get the DVD.

Ghost Riders for the win... Star United a close second.

All four mini-corps had a great night, IMO. Ghost Riders, in particular, really knocked it out of the park. But Star certainly didn't give up their title easily... a wonderful performance.

Impact of Orlando... wow, did they raise their game from their first mini-corps effort last year. A night-and-day improvement.

And the Sacramento Freelancers Alumni mini-corps once again did a terrific job with some great music from "Zorro."

• Like 2

All four mini-corps had a great night, IMO. Ghost Riders, in particular, really knocked it out of the park. But Star certainly didn't give up their title easily... a wonderful performance.

Impact of Orlando... wow, did they raise their game from their first mini-corps effort last year. A night-and-day improvement.

And the Sacramento Freelancers Alumni mini-corps once again did a terrific job with some great music from "Zorro."

Could not agree more, I think Impact of Orlando shocked me more than any other with how well they were improved over last year.

A great show for mini this year. I only wish we could have had more corps in it. I missed not having some of my yearly favorites the last few years like Mass Brass (I did see them in Brass Choir) and especially Minnie Brass. I hope they can make it in next year for minis!

There were only four mini corps? What the hell happened?

Watched on the FN this morning. Trying to handle my situation today by watching corps to help keep my spirits up.

Never really watched mini corps before... I've seen a Star United show from a couple of years ago prior to seeing the four corps from last night's show. Thought all four did a great job, and to take nothing away from GR's performance and victory, I thought Star should have edged them just slightly. I guess at age 23, I'm still more drawn into the visual appeal of corps, and Star obviously trumped GR in that category.

But congrats to Ghost Riders. It was awesome seeing how loose and relaxed the whole thing was on the field, and that the corps obviously get along with each other.

• Like 1

There were only four mini corps? What the hell happened?

My guess would be decisions from smaller corps to march in Class A instead of the mini corps competition, but I could be wrong.