Finals Schedule

G-Rott

Anybody know the detailed schedule for tonight?

Gil knows....

• Like 1

Will "Heartliner " Get to do an Exhibition?

I don't have the exact time details in front of me... but the U.S. Marine Drum And Bugle Corps will play the national anthem at approximately 5 PM.... then the 11th-place Open Class corps from Prelims, the Long Island Sunrisers, will perform in exhibition.

Then the four Class A finalists, 10 Open Class finalists, and then the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps in exhibition performance.

Somewhere in there, I believe we also will be acknowledging the new inductees into the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame

Then the awards ceremony and we all get out of town. :tongue:

Wait, what? I wonder what the reasoning is behind that decision? Isn't Heartliner the "international champion"?

I don't think DCA does the International Champion, I could be wrong. I think when the corps come over they compete strictly in either A or Open class.

I don't think DCA does the International Champion, I could be wrong. I think when the corps come over they compete strictly in either A or Open class.

Gotcha. I seem to recall someone making that claim back when Inspires were here, but I could be wrong. No offense to Sun intended (I thought they should have made finals yesterday), but I wonder why they get the exhibition spot and a traveling corps like,Heartliner didn't. I'd understand if they were the only corps on the outside looking in, but they aren't

Any have some insight I'm missing here?

Edited by Kamarag

I know less than nothing, but maybe Heartliner was offered the exhibition, but chose to wrap up their visit just watching some awesome drum corps :-) ?

By the way - At the stadium now, and it is HOT! At least we have some entertainment - Bunch of marines with horns & drums practicing :-) .

Edited by grenadasmoothie

I know less than nothing, but maybe Heartliner was offered the exhibition, but chose to wrap up their visit just watching some awesome drum corps :-) ?

By the way - At the stadium bow, and it is HOT! At least we have some entertainment - Bunch of marines with horns & drums practicing :-) .

It's crazy hot today. We're cooling off at Starbucks before heading out in a bit. Eight hours in the hot was bad enough yesterday :)