Mulling Over Decision

Deadbeat fans still honk me off. It's my pet peeve.

I have no idea why some fans let other fans come between them and something they like ( provided that the rude fans are at a distance and are incapable of interferring with what you like). Any fan that is near me at a show that is impacting my ability to enjoy a performance is handled in a manner that stops the intrusion. Works every time. It has for years.

If a fan says something or does something at a distance however, my response is..... "so what ? ". Why should it effect me ? It doesn't. Conversely, what I say or do at a distance should be of no concern to any other fan either. These fans that are mulling over whether to go to shows or not go to shows based upon what somebody miles away might be saying, need to get a grip, imo.

The USC football team is having a quite a few of their home fans currently booing unmercifully their current 2 QB's ( both in their early 20's) Few of the USC football fans are thinking of leaving the activity however based upon the boos their QB's are getting in some quarters of the USC fan base. Good grief, thats not a good reason to quit the activitity, imo. That said, if an activity no longer brings one joy... for whatever reason, then it time to move on, and no reason given is even neccessary as to why that personal choice was made. The drama that it somehow needs a public explanation to the world for the exit is so over the top in drama that its sort of silly to me. But thats just my observation on this stuff of " I'm leaving... and here's why " that we see from time to time.

Edited by BRASSO

The USC football team is having a quite a few of their home fans currently booing unmercifully their current 2 QB's ( both in their early 20's) Few of the USC football fans are thinking of leaving the activity however based upon the boos their QB's are getting in some quarters of the USC fan base. Good grief, thats not a good reason to quit the activitity, imo. That said, if an activity no longer brings one joy... for whatever reason, then it time to move on, and no reason given is even neccessary as to why that personal choice was made. The drama that it somehow needs a public explanation to the world for the exit is so over the top in drama that its sort of silly to me. But thats just my observation on this stuff of " I'm leaving... and here's why " that we see from time to time.

The Gamecocks are having all those hassles??? When Cadets had the 2 Pouncey brothers from USC on the podium as their QBs, good things happened!

It's not just drum corps but the FANS. Oh my God they've become INSUFFERABLE in the past 7 years or so. Where we used to get fans who would cheer every show and cheer even harder for their favorites, we get fans who only cheer for their favorites. It's depressing. We've got shows that blow a lot of old ones away, but you can't get a standing ovation because...I don't even know. Did we get too fat?

Add to all that the toxicity of DCP and Facebook. It's impossible to discuss anything and heaven forbid you critique the flavor-of-the-month corps.

Then there's the blatant hypocrisy showcased this year:

Narration bad!

Electronics bad!

Ugly uniforms bad!

Stupid props bad!

Weird show concepts bad!

GE plays too big a role!

BUT IT'S ONLY BAD WHEN IT'S CADETS OR BD I HATE THEM SO MUCH CAROLINA CROWN 2013 WOOOOOOO!

Seriously, it's awful. We get it, you play saxophone in high school/played tuba in 1960. Don't attack me when I happen to like a different show, or point out how one section of your favorite corps that you didn't even march in is significantly lower quality than the other sections.

Anyway, I just suggest that you stop going on here or any other website. Interact with real people and pick your own favorite shows and sections. People are stupid and will rail against the G7 all day, but then only discuss their shows and buy their merchandise.

• Like 3