Early 2014 Crown Information

Jack L

Maybe they are going all out and doing The Damnation of Faust), It is a work for four solo voices, full seven-part chorus, large children's chorus and orchestra by the French composer Hector Berlioz. He called it a "légende dramatique" (dramatic legend). It was first performed at the Opéra-Comique in Paris on 6 December 1846.

My link

This would be a very interesting idea but I'd see this more as a Phantom show than Crown and actually was surprised that when Phantom did a Faust themed show in 2006, they did no use Berlioz. Personally would have love for them to have used Gounod and Boito as well, but as other posters have been quick to point out, opera does not always translate well into drum corps.

I'm not sure why this post was repeated TK

Edited by Tim K

Does anyone else think (worry?) that Crown may go the way of Star (Brass theater/Blast! type activities outside of DCI)?

Does anyone else think (worry?) that Crown may go the way of Star (Brass theater/Blast! type activities outside of DCI)?

Well, yeah, you can see that worry touched on at roughly the 3:02 mark in this video...

But I'm pretty sure you don't need to take his gripes too seriously. :-P

Edited by ChuckH

CC 2014: A Henry Rollins Retrospective.

That would be quickly followed by Henry Rollins doing a spoken word performance about Crown putting together and performing a show based around his previous spoken word performances, which in turn would be used...

Oh, never mind.

Nope.

As I've gotten older and gotten some perspective, I feel more and more like Star was just a great experiment. I have no inside info, just opinion from being in Star but it seems like it is possible that Bill Cook felt his goals in DCI were met and it was time to conquer new territories.

From an outsider's perspective, Crown seems to have very clear goals of helping young folks grow into great adults and musicians. That's not a goal that's just "achieved" and shelved for the next great goal. It's ongoing and continuing every summer.

Thank you Crown for letting this orphan adopt you as my "home team!!!"

Edit: and thank you for bringing to life and fulfilling all our "what might have beens." I no longer have to imagine what we might have been like if we had ever had a chance "grow up" and realize our potential.

Edited by Medeabrass
  • Like 1