Buy a corps a hornline... for FREE!

Hello all!

YOU can help purchase the Guardians Drum and Bugle Corps their own hornline by simply texting "gdbc" as well as your email and zip code to 70000.

This is a FREE way to support the drum corps activity and help a rising corps!

You simply receive NO MORE than three texts a day between 8 AM and 5 PM and we get donations from the companies that send you these texts. These companies do NOT have the ability to personally see your phone number and can not sell your information. They send an ad to a list serve that shoots out the ads to people they are targeting in a designated zip code. Once again, the company never sees your phone number and it does NOT get sold to other companies. You will not receive more than three texts per day.

This past season, the Guardians rented horns from all-age drum corps, the Vigilantes, as well as World Class Corps, the Crossmen. We would like to stray away from dependence on others and make the move to purchase our own hornline. The Guardians have been a part of a new system called "iText" that is very simple and a free way to help us reach this goal.

If we get 1,700 subscribers by the end of the year, we will earn $4,250 a month continuously. At the end of the next year, we will have $51,000 to pay off our purchase of a used Jupiter hornline!

This will help us establish a constant and sustainable cash flow. This is money that is generated every year, not just a one time payment

So I ask you to please consider helping us purchase our hornline AS WELL as establish a sustainable cash flow by simply following the instructions above, and text "gdbc" as well as your email and zip code to 70000.

If we reach 150 subscribers, we will fully pay off our drum head/stick budget for 2014.

If we reach 400 subscribers, we will fully pay off the purchase of our drumline for 2014.

If we reach 600 subscribers, we will fully pay off our food bill for 2014.

If we reach 1,000 subscribers, we will fully pay off our bus bill for 2014.

If we reach 1,200 subscribers, we will fully pay off the purchase of our uniforms.

If we reach 1,500 subscribers, we will fully pay off the purchase of our front ensemble.

If we reach 1,700 subscribers, we will fully pay off the purchase of our hornline.

If we reach 5,100 subscribers, we will fully pay off our ENTIRE 2014 operating budget!!!!!

Thank you for your continued support of the activity.

Thank you for helping us take a step towards longevity.

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

www.guardiansdbc.org

Edited by guardiansdbc
  • Like 1

I commend you all for being creative in building a revenue stream; and I do mean that compliment. Drum Corps do need to think outside the box to garner revenue. However, in this case the prospect of me allowing three advertisement texts per day from God knows what unsolicited companies, some which might end up being questionable or embarrassing, is not a prospect in which I am willing to take. Sorry.

Edited by Stu

I commend you all for being creative in building a revenue stream; and I do mean that compliment. Drum Corps do need to think outside the box to garner revenue. However, in this case the prospect of me allowing three advertisement texts per day from God knows what unsolicited companies, some which might end up being questionable or embarrassing, is not a prospect in which I am willing to take. Sorry.

I appreciate the kind words and can see your concerns!

We looked at the range of ages that typically donate to drum corps, and asked ourselves what age ranges donate the most and which donate the least. How can we get the ranges that donate the least to start donating? We found that the range of 14-21 is practically, for obvious reasons, almost non-existent. This allows the new generation of tech savvy youth to "donate" to a corps without actually spending any money. This also appeals to any age range, because it is so simple and free.

All ads you receive are family friendly, guaranteed. These companies must be approved by iText and be appropriate for audiences ages 13 and up.

I'm unsure if you're an Alabama Football Fan, but the Alabama Football team uses this fundraising method at their football games, endorsed by Nick Saban. I'm sure that should put some credibility on this program.

More information can be found at http://www.i-texts.com/

I mean, one of the banners on the home page is of a baby holding a phone. That has to show you how these ads are geared towards families.

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

www.guardiansdbc.org

Edited by guardiansdbc
  • Like 3

We looked at the range of ages that typically donate to drum corps, and asked ourselves what age ranges donate the most and which donate the least. How can we get the ranges that donate the least to start donating? We found that the range of 14-21 is practically, for obvious reasons, almost non-existent. This allows the new generation of tech savvy youth to "donate" to a corps without actually spending any money. This also appeals to any age range, because it is so simple and free.

All ads you receive are family friendly, guaranteed. These companies must be approved by iText and be appropriate for audiences ages 13 and up.

I'm unsure if you're an Alabama Football Fan, but the Alabama Football team uses this fundraising method at their football games, endorsed by Nick Saban. I'm sure that should put some credibility on this program.

I mean, one of the banners on the home page is of a baby hold a phone. That has to show you how these ads are geared towards families.

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

www.guardiansdbc.org

a) Again, I commend you all for thinking outside the box to secure a revenue stream. And I thank you for providing more detail along with a link to the I-Texts website.

b) I do not think Nick Saban is the best spokesmen for texting, and here is why: 2013 SEC Media Days interview

c) I checked out and read through the I-Texts website; and it was long on 'promo' but very short on 'specifics'.

d) Best of luck to you all on getting people to sign up to receive advertisement texting; especially enough numbers to have real sustainable revenue. But for me, sorry, I am still going to decline.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, BAC is doing this as well. Doesn't make me more/less inclined to do this but putting it out there:

http://www.bostoncrusaders.com/news/382-i-texts

• Like 1

I mean, one of the banners on the home page is of a baby holding a phone. That has to show you how these ads are geared towards families.

Johnathan Doerr

Corps Director

www.guardiansdbc.org

I wonder why the University of Alabama football team needs to fundraise? (This question is not a negative to what you guys are doing, just asking the question.) The number one college football team in the nation doesn't seem to be hurting for money, with season tickets presold years in advance, most games sold out, and tv networks dying to throw money at them. Are they fundraising for another non-profit org, and letting the other org use the U of Alabama name to draw interest?