Legends - Why the big staff exodus?

Have seen several announcements of design staff and caption heads leaving the organisation. Hoping it is not a bad sign

I don't see anything publicly posted. It's concerning to see this type of conjecture. I know this is a forum, but this is not responsible in its posting. If you're going to provide a vague speculation of this type, please substantiate or provide your source information - or do not post this at all - especially as the OP.

I'm also disappointed that DCP would feature this vague post on the main page of the website.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

On Facebook

I didn't see anything on the corps' Facebook page speaking of a "mass exodus". Unless it's an official announcement from the corps, I wouldn't put much stock into it. Again, this is speculative, conjecture, and should not be featured as a lead discussion on DCP. It's simply not responsible. But that's just my 2 cents.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

I'm also disappointed that DCP would feature this vague post on the main page of the website.

I think DCP's home page automatically links to the most recently updated threads. The nice thing about that is that your skepticism gets as much attention as the original post.

Legends' website indicates that their 2014 design and instructional staff have not yet been announced. I haven't followed their staff listings closely over the past few years, so I don't know if that's their ordinary procedure or not.

Here's to further improvement and another enjoyable show for them next year! I really enjoyed their "Edmund Fitzgerald" in 2012 and could understand why their scores went up for "Ichabod" in 2013, even though I didn't care for that show as much (particularly the electronics).

Just saw they have Ron Hardin as Coordinator and designer. Certainly an adequate person however his design efforts have not always been well received (Magic of Orlando) but the bigger issue is they will obviously be his at best 2nd priority to Crown. Not sure that is a great choice. Groups in that level need a person dedicated to them as a primary program.