Drum Corps Needs Legal Assistance in Arkansas

I wasn't looking to fight this battle on DCP... Just to get some sound advice and perhaps some contacts in that state... It appears that I made a wise decision. I have received both... However, this is not an appropriate forum for some matters which is one reason why I have not named the perp here.

That being said...

It's most reassuring to read all of your comments/suggestions and the almost blind faith I have had over these 60 plus years in the activity for my brothers and sisters in the activity is quickly being restored after having one guy do a pretty good job of weakening that foundation of that faith I had in my fellow drum corps people.

From the first parade I marched in in the early 50's, my first senior field contest in 1959, 15 seasons with Rochester Crusaders, 7 years with the Syracuse Brigadiers, 5 with the Fulton Gauchos and all the years judging and/or working with circuit management, it never ceases to amaze me that whenever you meet another corps person who has "walked the walk" - even if meeting them for the first time, you know that you have met a brother or sister who you can immediately relate to and who will "have your back" when necessary. Sometimes rivals on the competition field but ALWAYS drum corps family.

Thank you all...

• Like 3

One would think that a aspiring corps director in DCI Sound Sport might want to avoid persoanl finace issues when speaking to DCI. Especially when the funds that are being spoken about are tied to the drum corps community and a international drum corps community at that. Once DCI starts digging into finace issues..they usually start finding other issues and will ultimatly start listening to rumors and investigating them so no telling where that might lead them too.

If this guy was smart he would return the check before this gets really ugly.

Edited by camel lips

BTW the roadmap to figure out who this person is that Tom is posting about is not hard to follow. The connection to follow is Phoneix1 states he is a corps director. Tom Says this is a Arkansas Matter. Do a search on Facebook for Arkansas Drum Corps. Only one drum corps comes up associated with someone with a silk screening business in Arkansas with a BBB Account with the Silk Screening companies name and comments from Bill Aldrich-Thorpe about this matter.

Stevie Wonder could have followed that lead!

ah the plot thickens...

Yes it does.

One would think that this DCI director would want to do the right thing in the first place and simply hand over the check to the rightful owner. The owner being the person that wrote the check out in the first place. Seems simple enough to identify that person. Simply go to the bank where you cashed the check through your account and see who it was made out from. Return it to that person and that address. No need to drag 1000 other people into this.

On the other hand he probably needs to weigh the damage this could cause his corps and recruiting this fall if his bussiness practices becomes even more pulic than it already is. I doubt very seriously that DCI Sound Sport or DCA for that matter is going to welcome his corps with open arms with this hanging over his head.

Edited by camel lips

Yes it does.

One would think that this DCI director would want to do the right thing in the first place and simply hand over the check to the rightful owner. The owner being the person that wrote the check out in the first place. Seems simple enough to identify that person. Simply go to the bank where you cashed the check through your account and see who it was made out from. Return it to that person and that address. No need to drag 1000 other people into this.

On the other hand he probably needs to weigh the damage this could cause his corps and recruiting this fall if his bussiness practices becomes even more pulic than it already is. I doubt very seriously that DCI Sound Sport or DCA for that matter is going to welcome his corps with open arms with this hanging over his head.

it's easier than that... he had them wire transfer the money to an account belonging to a female with the same last name as him... simply transfer it back... or he has been authorized by the Heartliner corps director to mail a check to me and I will transfer it to them... whichever...

I fear that neither will ever happen...