DCI Minnesota relocated to LaCrosse, WI

Looks a little small to me. Concert-side seating is only ~7k?

I have a feeling the crowd is going to be substantially smaller anyway. La Crosse's population is 1/20th that of the Twin cities, and 2.5+ hours is a bit of a hike for Minneapolites used to having it in our backyard. Especially since we're still getting a show (albeit with fewer corps) the night before. And while La Crosse is closer to Madison, the Scouts won't even be at the show; they're in Denver that night. Rockford is still 3+ hours away by car, and Chicago 4+.

Edited by Spandy

DCI Minneapolis was to be held on July 12 at TCF Bank Stadium which is east of the river near the campus of University of Minnesota Twin Cities; the MLB All-Star game is occurring on July 15 at Target Stadium which is west of the river and north of downtown. The two events are days apart and miles apart; so I do not understand the conflict.

DCI Minneapolis was to be held on July 12 at TCF Bank Stadium which is east of the river near the campus of University of Minnesota Twin Cities; the MLB All-Star game is occurring on July 15 at Target Stadium which is west of the river and north of downtown. The two events are days apart and miles apart; so I do not understand the conflict.

From the article and my original post:

While MLB’s traditional mid-season game won’t be played on the football field of the University of Minnesota, a major concert event as part of the All-Star Week festivities will be hosted at the venue, thereby causing a conflict with DCI’s annual competition.

Two views of University of Wisconsin- La Crosse Stadium taken from Grandad Bluff, 600 feet above the city. Mississippi River in the Background. View from the stadium is of a long string of bluffs surrounding the city. Quite beautiful. And the stadium is quite a steep pitch (but not as much as Mankato), so there are Great Views of the field from most seats. Beautiful city in the summer, Mosquitoes mostly stay out of the stadium. Turf Field. I hope y'all can come!

1017647_10153816900830603_1362913410_n.j1743514_10153816900175603_1371808587_n.j

:ninja:

Stu:

Yes - "The Bank" is across the river and through downtown from Target Field, but it's about 4 miles or so, 'as the crow flies'

You'll soon be able to take the light rail transit from one facility to the other (sometime in June I think).. But when they decide to come to town with a week's worth of events surrounding the"Mid-Summer Classic"... MLB trumps DCI every day and twice on Sunday.. in this case - Saturday.

I now look forward to how the proposed show on that Friday night (that used to be in LaCrosse) finds a decent enough site in the 7 County Mosquito Control District to handle a smaller show, and avoid clogging up traffic. It 'll be interesting to see how they work this, as larger size venues are few and far between here - at least ones that aren't logistical nightmares. I'm looking out my office window at one, but I have NO idea what the seating is like anymore. I CAN tell you the field is grass, and as good as any natural grass field the MLS or NFL can put together.

Another issue with logistics...I'm sure the braintrust here with MBI and DCI will come up with a viable 1 year alternative..

Pat

Two views of University of Wisconsin- La Crosse Stadium taken from Grandad Bluff, 600 feet above the city. Mississippi River in the Background. View from the stadium is of a long string of bluffs surrounding the city. Quite beautiful. And the stadium is quite a steep pitch (but not as much as Mankato), so there are Great Views of the field from most seats. Beautiful city in the summer, Mosquitoes mostly stay out of the stadium. Turf Field. I hope y'all can come!

1017647_10153816900830603_1362913410_n.j1743514_10153816900175603_1371808587_n.j

:ninja:

Hey Tom!

I assume they added turf awhile back (I havent been on it since the early 90's) but did they actually pitch the field? I don't remember it being that way BITD. I may just have realized - early onset Alzheimer's... You're right - not to bad at the stadium - but after you get about 2 blocks away - break out the netting!!! :tounge2:

Pat

I bet the Wisconsin State Patrol and DOT are salivating right now. Every year, at the LaCrosse show, they are there to inspect every bus that comes in and out of that show. Now that this has been announced I am sure they are already preparing for inspections. And Wisconsin State Patrol will look for every and anything. Hope corps have repair vehicles standing by and extra money on hand to pay for all the repairs and fines.