Southwest Corps Connection - Mesa, AZ

LOL.

In regards to Crossmen practice, I heard they wouldn't be practicing much during the hottest part of the day.

something I saw on FB...

heard the hornline did not get floor time cause their bus was pulled over by the Arizona State police. Maybe they saw Bones on the bus and had to stop them to investigate....

Edited by xbones7480

Siesta is a great idea!

Jason also mentioned past show days in the 110's. I remember 1990 when the high was 126, and they shut the airport down because 1) the Tarmac was melting, and 2) they weren't sure the air was dense enough for the planes to achieve lift for takeoff.

Garry in Redlands

Absolutely true. I remember carrying my trumpet to summer band in elementary school. It was baaaaad.

For what it's worth, there's been cloud cover all afternoon. It's hot but not deathly so.

Edited by Jason Harrison

The bad news for BK fans at the show tonight: They won't be performing their closer.

The good news: New guard work for the opener, changes for the drumline and new brass body movement for the 3rd movement (Hand of Fate).

So, y'all get to see stuff that nobody has seen before.

Enjoy the show!!

• Like 1

About 20 minutes until Crossmen.

Still an hour away. Even though Mesa is in the mountain time zone, they don't observe daylight savings, so right now its the same as pacific. At least according to the clock page I use.

Still an hour away. Even though Mesa is in the mountain time zone, they don't observe daylight savings, so right now its the same as pacific. At least according to the clock page I use.

Death to timezones!

• Like 1

Bummer. I checked today to see what time zone they were in and mis-interpreted.

That's why AZ doesn't use them lol

Sure they do. Just not daylight savings time.