An observation of Drum Corps fans

If you see me at a show, please don’t talk to me and I’ll repay the favor

Your truly, a Midwest fan

Now seriously, whats up with the OP that for the past 30 years, no one wants to talk to them?

Absolutely nothing wrong but thanks for the insult.

I guess I've just been lucky over the years that the people that have sat around me at Drum Corps shows respected my unmentioned neccessity to watch and hear the shows without disruption of some sort. I go back to before DCI too.. (to Gettysburg's Maine 5th Regiment Drum Corps I think.. but got kicked in the head by a jumpity mule and knocked out, so not entirely sure if I was dreaming or not )..... anyway... my experiences at shows with others around me has been very positive... I've met some nice people that sat beside me over the years, and sometimes with others in my entourage, and we've chatted before and after performances, and it has been a pleasant experience. In the early years, the DCA crowds could be a bit rough around the edges, but even back then they tended to shut their trap when the Corps started their shows. Even the ones with a few pops under their belt before the show tended to be happy drunks, not belligerent drunks, and basically were well behaved, and when I ventured to speak, they were pretty good folks..... I can't tell you the experiences I've had at pro and college sporting events, and rock concerts over the years however, epecially when I was younger. Holy Mackeral, I 'd go and behave ( for the most part anyway ), but Man, I encountered all manner of human depravity around me at some of THOSE events. I had no interest in talking to some of those cats. I let them be, and thankfully they never got in my face either.

Edited by BRASSO