What in the Bleep happen with Scoring in 1996 Finals?

I marched Blue Knights in 1996. In the Quarter Finals show, there was a huge gust of wind and lightning. People's shakos were blown over to the sides of our heads... The guard's equipment was all over the place. They stopped us after the first song and we waited under the stands to get our second chance.

When we stopped after the first song it was so confusing. The audience was confused and we were even more confused.

Our show was really boring and we could only do so much with it...

~Greg

25 minutes ago, Trog1 said:

I marched Blue Knights in 1996. In the Quarter Finals show, there was a huge gust of wind and lightning. People's shakos were blown over to the sides of our heads... The guard's equipment was all over the place. They stopped us after the first song and we waited under the stands to get our second chance.

When we stopped after the first song it was so confusing. The audience was confused and we were even more confused.

Our show was really boring and we could only do so much with it...

~Greg

Wasn’t that the Ron Nelson show? I liked it! Is that the year you had a really small brass line?

On 5/25/2021 at 4:31 PM, Brian Tuma said:

Wasn’t that the Ron Nelson show? I liked it! Is that the year you had a really small brass line?

Yup. Good memory! "The music of Ron Nelson" was the name of that show

"Rocky Point Holiday" and "Sonoran Dessert Holiday".

And yes a small brass line that year.

Two interesting things in the show - The guard uses a half-circle thing for a portion of the show they called "Wagon Wheels" and at the end of the show, the tenors switch out their drums for these giant dual toms that they called "tubs".

• Like 1