Drum Corps International videos and Plex

Just wondering if anyone uses Plex (plex.tv) to manage their digital media and has any of their DCI videos on it. It's something I'm considering doing, but I'm guessing Plex doesn't handle the metadata very well (probably not in the TVDB or anything like that), and I'd love to hear from anyone with prior experience before I take the plunge.

Thanks!

I ripped the 2013 DCI 13-22 World Class DVD using Handbrake on my PC. I've watched videos on my Android phone and tablet as well as on my HDTV using my Chromecast. I might do a higher resolution when ripping the next time but, other than that, they look and sound great.

My next plan is to rip my 2013 BluRays and see how well they work.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When you upload the files into Plex, does it correctly associate title/artist/year/etc., or are they largely blank files that you have to create that information for?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When you upload the files into Plex, does it correctly associate title/artist/year/etc., or are they largely blank files that you have to create that information for?

If the files have names and/or, better yet, metadata associated with them, Plex picks that information up. It's the same as with music files. For example, my 2010 DCI Open Class Championships videos all have the correct titles associated with them.

• 11 months later...