Open Class -- 2015 Programs

Hey man good luck this year! I might be headed down your way at some point if a few things fall into place!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

According to this DCI article, six international corps have made inquiries about performing in the 2015 Open Class tour. Besides Jubal (Netherlands) and Yokohama Scouts (Japan), both previously mentioned as possibilities for this year, those corps are Chien Kuo (Taiwan), Gita Sorosowan (Indonesia), North East Technology (Thailand), and Ravens (Ireland).

Mind you, North East had been announced as participating in DCI's 2014 Open Class tour at about this time last year, which shows that such early notices should be treated skeptically. Still, if half the groups show, that would be the largest overseas attendance in many years.

No point in seeking out show information yet, but a heads up that some of these groups eventually may need to be added to your list.

I don't know if it hints at a theme for their 2015 show, but on Jewel City's Facebook page, a Feb. 8 image of prospective members stretching is captioned with a line from the movie Titanic (the 1997 version, of course): "Paint me like one of your French girls". I assume they won't be marching in the nude.

• 2 weeks later...

According to this DCI article, six international corps have made inquiries about performing in the 2015 Open Class tour. Besides Jubal (Netherlands) and Yokohama Scouts (Japan), both previously mentioned as possibilities for this year, those corps are Chien Kuo (Taiwan), Gita Sorosowan (Indonesia), North East Technology (Thailand), and Ravens (Ireland).

Mind you, North East had been announced as participating in DCI's 2014 Open Class tour at about this time last year, which shows that such early notices should be treated skeptically. Still, if half the groups show, that would be the largest overseas attendance in many years.

No point in seeking out show information yet, but a heads up that some of these groups eventually may need to be added to your list.

From what I have seen, I believe the Ravens are planning to come over to participate in the Sound Sport Division, not Open Class.

I don't know if it hints at a theme for their 2015 show, but on Jewel City's Facebook page, a Feb. 8 image of prospective members stretching is captioned with a line from the movie Titanic (the 1997 version, of course): "Paint me like one of your French girls". I assume they won't be marching in the nude.

They announced in Dec they are doing a show titled 'AlcatraZ' I believe it is mostly original music. They were expecting to do an Open Class Eval last camp, but it was moved to the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

Vanguard Cadets: "On Cloud Nine"

So... no Temptations in there, I guess. The parts the brass played at the birthday dinner video sound promising, if disjointed. I hope that what comes between on the field is light on synthezier and eschews prerecorded voice altogether.

Edited to correct my stupid mix-up of "Cloud Nine" and "Get Off of My Cloud".

Edited by N.E. Brigand