As a fan without a music background, this app truly made me appreciate

http://touchpianist.com/

Just being able to keep up with the rhythms even if I know a piece pretty well is really difficult. And this app, I'm sure, doesn't even scratch the surface in terms of how difficult playing music can be, let alone moving fast and playing music.

I mean it's not like I ever thought that the stuff DCI does is stuff I can do in my sleep or anything--extremely far from it but playing around with this app really put it into perspective.

Thanks Neutnoobie, it certainly is interesting.

re: "I mean it's not like I ever thought that the stuff DCI does is stuff I can do in my sleep..."

As I was born with triple teeth which had their own echelons, my early music teachers insisted that brass instruments would never be my skillset. Well not when I am awake at least. But in my dreams...

Hey, Garfield and all,

When will DCI and a corps come up with the equivalent of a fantasy baseball camp drum corps style for wannabees and has-beens when we could pay to fulfill a dream of a horn arc or too or some basic drill forms? (No, I don't mean do DCA or Alumni corps stuff.) Just an idea...

Edited by xandandl