ROC not top vacation spot

I grew up in Canandaigua, about 30 minutes south of Rochester in the Finger Lakes region. Western New York has it's beautiful spots. In fact, the word Canandaigua means "The Chosen Spot" in the local native american tongue. There is plenty of beauty to be had...just got to get out of the cities to find it.

Dan

I'm familiar with that region and visited the Keuka Lake area and Bully Hill Winery in 77, when the renegade Taylor had the issue with the folks at Coca-Cola. They had several employees blacking out the Taylor name on the labels. He held his ground though and Bully Hill was a survivor.

The tour was almost memorable, what with the tasting/sampling, etc................

Hammondsport's great! Bully Hill's tour is very nice, and I recommend Dr. Konstatin Frank's winery, you really have to do the tasting. There's also the Glenn Curtis Museum. You also have the Corning Museum of Glass, which is pretty cool- make time to see the live glass blowing exhibition!

All that being said... Corning is an hour 40 away, and Hammondsport is an hour and a half out.

Next, Dan, my guess is you were part of the whole Canadigua HS or Canadigua Academy deal that was very well known and respected back in your day, WGI finalists, etc.?

Hammondsport's great! Bully Hill's tour is very nice, and I recommend Dr. Konstatin Frank's winery, you really have to do the tasting. There's also the Glenn Curtis Museum. You also have the Corning Museum of Glass, which is pretty cool- make time to see the live glass blowing exhibition!

All that being said... Corning is an hour 40 away, and Hammondsport is an hour and a half out.

Next, Dan, my guess is you were part of the whole Canadigua HS or Canadigua Academy deal that was very well known and respected back in your day, WGI finalists, etc.?

Actually the winter guard was always really good locally while I was there but they didn't hit the national scene until Vinnie Monteselli (sp.?) took it over shortly after I graduated. Really good band program also. From what I understand, they no longer have a marching band but they do have a kick butt jazz program. Beautiful town and a fantastic place to grow up. My mom still lives up there and DCA Championships was a great opportunity to hook up with her. Between my son marching and myself, we had a fantastic three generation dinner!

Dan