Mendota Heights 8/21 & St. Peter 8/22

I see threads about Clifton and Rockmart, but nothing about the shows tonight and tomorrow in Minnesota, so here you go.

Tonight's show starts at 7:00 p.m. CDT (ten minutes from now) and tomorrow's is at 2:00 p.m. CDT.

Weather for the "Sounds of Minnesota" in Mendota Heights now is 80 degrees and mostly cloudy.

Tomorrow afternoon for the "Drum Corps Expo" in St. Peter is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 82 degrees and showers not expected until after 5:00 p.m. (so I was wrong to predict rain in the other thread; I didn't realize that it was an afternoon contest).

The lineup is the same at both venues, and DCA's website shows them performing in the same order:

Chops

Kilties

Govenaires

Minnesota Brass

With MBI as tonight's host and Govies hosting tomorrow.

Are there any exhibition performances at either venue? DCA just says "To Be Announced".

If you're attending either show, please post here!

I see threads about Clifton and Rockmart, but nothing about the shows tonight and tomorrow in Minnesota, so here you go.

Tonight's show starts at 7:00 p.m. CDT (ten minutes from now) and tomorrow's is at 2:00 p.m. CDT.

Weather for the "Sounds of Minnesota" in Mendota Heights now is 80 degrees and mostly cloudy.

Tomorrow afternoon for the "Drum Corps Expo" in St. Peter is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 82 degrees and showers not expected until after 5:00 p.m. (so I was wrong to predict rain in the other thread; I didn't realize that it was an afternoon contest).

The lineup is the same at both venues, and DCA's website shows them performing in the same order:

Chops

Kilties

Govenaires

Minnesota Brass

With MBI as tonight's host and Govies hosting tomorrow.

Are there any exhibition performances at either venue? DCA just says "To Be Announced".

If you're attending either show, please post here!

There appears to be exhibition groups at both shows---according to the websites of Brass and Govies.

The Kilts left Thursday evening and traveled as far as Chippewa Falls, WI--staying overnight there and having a rehearsal block today. The rehearsal block was cut short at about 1pm when rain came in. The corps departed Chippewa Falls for Mendota Heights around 3pm, stopping in route to grab a bite to eat.

These Friday gigs can be challenging especially being later this year with the 5 weekends in August---many college band camps and college auditions going on.

You heard all but one right. DCA reports scores as:

90.90 Minnesota Brass

82.85 Govenaires

74.80 Kilties

71.45 Chops, Inc.

Recap.

So Kilties see their score go up just 2.45 in three weeks, while Chops improves theirs by 4.5 over the same period. The others didn't have a DCA score yet. Looking forward to what tomorrow brings!

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Some good numbers all around, it appears.

We know there is a horse race for the Open Class title... but Class A is gonna be interesting, too. All sorts of possible scenarios at Prelims.

• Like 1

Score for the St. Peter show, showing the change from Mendota Hts.:

91.00 Minnesota Brass (+0.10)

83.45 Govenaires (+0.60)

75.10 Kilties (+0.30)

73.60 Chops, Inc. (+2.15)

Recap.