Bridgeport and Reading "DCA Show Day" Thread

JoeDz all the more reason to let it all hang out in prelums ,never know if you get another shot

100% right ! you should "...let it all hang out..." EVERY time you step on the field. Somewhere in the stands, some kid is seeing you for the first (and maybe ONY) time !

• Like 1

Hey Fran ,hows the view from up there in the press box

Actually, I'm at home here in Baltimore!!!

A weekend off. LOL

Brenda's in Bridgeport, with Cabs Alumni.

Edited by Fran Haring

JoeDz all the more reason to let it all hang out in prelums ,never know if you get another shot

Chuck, Sun did just that in 1987.

I understand their staff told them that there might not be Finals, given the field conditions (it was still two shows in one day that year)... so put it all out there at Prelims. And they certainly did... one of the best performances I've ever seen from them.

Any corps that held anything back that day... well... that was their problem. :tongue:

I'm guessing no one is reporting from Bridgeport. Or Reading... at least here on DCP. LOL

Maybe some folks on Facebook or Twitter.

Betty's reporting on Sun ,n there facebook page scores should be coming soon

Chuck, Sun did just that in 1987.

I understand their staff told them that there might not be Finals, given the field conditions (it was still two shows in one day that year)... so put it all out there at Prelims. And they certainly did... one of the best performances I've ever seen from them.

Any corps that held anything back that day... well... that was their problem. :tongue:

What an interesting concept. When I marched in the Sunrisers (1963-73) there was never any discussion about whether or not you performed cojones to the wall. We did that when we played for prelims, finals, parades or delicatessen openings. There just wasn't any other way.

• Like 2

8/29 DCA-EXETER

94.20 Buccaneers (Guard, Brass, Perc, DM)

92.85. Cadets2 (High Visual)

89.90. Fusion Core

88.60. White Sabers (honor guard)

83.85. Carolina Gold

80.65. Bushwackers

CLASS A

68.15 Erie Thunderbirds

Bucs still in the driver's seat. But there is C2, lurking just off the pace.

Bring on prelims!!!

Edited by Fran Haring

:ninja:

Hey Y'all -

Just got back from MBI's last uniformed performance in town bore next weekend, as the Dist. 11 band show.. Despite no real yard markers and very small hash marks, the corps put on a solid effort for the crowd and the band members in the stands. I felt the horn line was a bit reserved, but - 1) I was down the field about the 20 yeard line, and these guys were at camp for most of the day before doing this exhibition. Drumline and guard doibng another fine job..

Just waiting like everybody else for the info from Bridgeport and to see how far down we fall in the seeding list. Anybody hear numbers, yet?

Pat

OOps! Looks like they beat me to th punch! Any opinion on KS's score????

Edited by goalieguy