Military Musicians Need Your Help

It has been stated in this thread that a military person can refuse the reassignment by resigning. I contend that is not, or should not, be the case for those still under their four-year commitment nor for anyone in the military 'during the time of war'. Whether that is by Deployment or MOS Reclassification.

Let's back this bus up a bit. Stu, you are confusing the terms "deployment", 'reassignment", and "reclassification". They all mean very different things, and are absolutely *not* synonymous.

Edited by Kamarag

I'm outta here -- my day job calleth. Carry on, Kamarag. You got this!

... if you come down on orders for a change of duty station after you finish your initial enlistment, you can decline the assignment, but that's not germane to this discussion

Yes, after you finish your initial enlistment. How this rabbit trail got started was my response to a posting that pretty much read if a military musician did not like their reassignment, one which might place them in a position to fight, it is just hunky dory fine for them to up and quit. While a person who has finished their initial enlistment can resign, I admit that mentality of, "I will quit if asked to go fight for our freedoms" is rather grading on my view toward responsibility, duty, honor, and the real reason we have a military.

Edited by Stu

Yes, after you finish your initial enlistment. How this rabbit trail got started was my response to a posting that pretty much read if a military musician did not like their reassignment, one which might place them in a position to fight, it is just hunky dory fine for them to up and quit. While a person who has finished their initial enlistment can resign, I admit that mentality of I will quit if asked to go fight for our freedoms is rather grading on my view toward responsibility, duty, honor, and the real reason we have a military.

When did you serve?

Yes, after you finish your initial enlistment. How this rabbit trail got started was my response to a posting that pretty much read if a military musician did not like their reassignment, one which might place them in a position to fight, it is just hunky dory fine for them to up and quit. While a person who has finished their initial enlistment can resign, I admit that mentality of, "I will quit if asked to go fight for our freedoms" is rather grading on my view toward responsibility, duty, honor, and the real reason we have a military.

Which again, has only been suggested BY YOU.

Let's back this bus up a bit. Stu, you are confusing the terms "deployment", 'reassignment", and "reclassification". They all mean very different things, and are absolutely *not* synonymous.

Of course they are not synonymous; what I am contending is that a person who is still under their 4-year commitment, or any military person 'in the time of war' should not be allowed to just refuse deployment, reassignment, reclassification or resign/quit. That concept is appalling to the real reason we have a military.

Ok ya'all, start your clapping. I will bow out of this thread.

Edited by Stu

The reason why the ax is swinging over the bands is because bands cannot be privatized for profit, you know, like Halliburton did for military meal programs, outsourcing the work back to the original supplier after a 50 percent markup.

By the way, the Pentagon has never been audited, even though we give them $700,000,000,000 per year, more than half our country's spending budget.

We can't say how much the US military performance bands really cost because it's never been audited. Privatized military spending corruption is out of control, folks. And if anyone wants to challenge me on the military spending crisis and private company corruption, I will list out four personal unpublished examples of boondoggle projects that my professional contacts and corpsmen have told me about, first hand, names wittheld. Despicable.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/12/defense-military-waste-cost-timeline

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ralph-nader/pentagon-budget_b_4046370.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/16/opinion/16thu2.html?_r=0

Edited by Channel3
  • Like 1