Downloads starting to become available through DCI again!

Well, I can guarantee you they would sell a hell of a lot more videos if they were at a lower price.

So you want an organization that ALREADY has financial issues to charge less for a product that costs a lot to create and distribute?

Sounds like a great business model!

So you want an organization that ALREADY has financial issues to charge less for a product that costs a lot to create and distribute?

Sounds like a great business model!

They would make more money selling more quantities of a lower priced video than selling a few for 15 dollars. But whatever, I honestly can't believe you guys are defending one video costing 15 dollars. We used to pay 30 dollars to view an entire archive of videos for an entire year. But I guess I'm the crazy one lol

Go ahead and spend 60 bucks to watch four DCI shows..

They would make more money selling more quantities of a lower priced video than selling a few for 15 dollars. But whatever, I honestly can't believe you guys are defending one video costing 15 dollars. We used to pay 30 dollars to view an entire archive of videos for an entire year. But I guess I'm the crazy one lol

You realize this is a small market business and that by bringing costs down, that doesn't mean the fan base and number of purchasers will just increase, right?

For example, I miss the fan network, but not really because I have the whole legacy collection, plus most years DVD's, or recordings of shows I want, I'm not going to pay even if they brought the cost down.

As for ticket prices, that's just modern DCI. Times have changed, costs have gone up, it is what it is.

Btw, I don't think most, and I'm not defending the price, but I'm logical, and understand business, so I'll give the facts as to why $15, instead of spouting off nonsense about pricing options.

Well, I can guarantee you they would sell a hell of a lot more videos if they were at a lower price.

DCI quite possibly would sell more videos, but not make more money. The current rights situation is intense. They aren't making the product available to make money, but to offer the fans something that is wanted. But there's a cost to that, and the cost keeps going up. And every video taken by a cell phone and put up on the Internet is hurting the corps as the licensing agencies are aware of these and are wondering what DCI will do about it. I know many might think putting up such videos is an innocent gesture, meant to share the joy we all love of drum corps. However, the risk to corps being able to get those rights in the future is not to be dismissed lightly.

• Like 1

I'd make a deal with the powers that be: I'll pay the $15 for a finals video as long as you'll stop claiming copyright infringement for all videos that fans post on YouTube from practices and shows during the season.

What's that? I figured... :<

Please see my response above. It's not DCI crying copyright infringement...it's the copyright holders. I hope no one believes DCI is in the business of honking off its fans.

You realize the amount of money that goes into producing, editing, creating, etc. the videos. Take that, plus the fact that the number of people that purchase merchandise is not as high as some might think.

Then you add all the new rights that must be obtained, and you have your $15 fee.

Quoted for truth.

You realize this is a small market business and that by bringing costs down, that doesn't mean the fan base and number of purchasers will just increase, right?

For example, I miss the fan network, but not really because I have the whole legacy collection, plus most years DVD's, or recordings of shows I want, I'm not going to pay even if they brought the cost down.

As for ticket prices, that's just modern DCI. Times have changed, costs have gone up, it is what it is.

Btw, I don't think most, and I'm not defending the price, but I'm logical, and understand business, so I'll give the facts as to why $15, instead of spouting off nonsense about pricing options.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to own the legacy collection and most finals dvds..I don't think it is nonsense for me to question the price of a 12 minute video..but whatever.

Not everyone is fortunate enough to own the legacy collection and most finals dvds..I don't think it is nonsense for me to question the price of a 12 minute video..but whatever.

Question all you want, but maybe instead of refusing to understand why they cost so much, you give that a shot.

Question all you want, but maybe instead of refusing to understand why they cost so much, you give that a shot.

I understand why they cost so much, you made it very clear.