Downloads starting to become available through DCI again!

JESUS! 15 dollars for one video? wow.

I miss the fan network

• Like 1

Considering what it costs for rights, I'm not seeing a problem at all.

You are paying 15 dollars for a 10-12 minute drum corps show, they should at least give you some sort of discount for buying multiple videos...to be honest DCI is very overpriced. I mean 99 dollars for a finals dvd....30 dollars for a live stream event, in which you have to have really good internet to even watch. They make enough money to not make people pay 15 dollars for one drum corps show, sorry if I see that as a problem.

You are paying 15 dollars for a 10-12 minute drum corps show, they should at least give you some sort of discount for buying multiple videos...to be honest DCI is very overpriced. I mean 99 dollars for a finals dvd....30 dollars for a live stream event, in which you have to have really good internet to even watch. They make enough money to not make people pay 15 dollars for one drum corps show, sorry if I see that as a problem.

You realize the amount of money that goes into producing, editing, creating, etc. the videos. Take that, plus the fact that the number of people that purchase merchandise is not as high as some might think.

Then you add all the new rights that must be obtained, and you have your $15 fee.

• Like 3

JESUS! 15 dollars for one video? wow.

I'd make a deal with the powers that be: I'll pay the $15 for a finals video as long as you'll stop claiming copyright infringement for all videos that fans post on YouTube from practices and shows during the season.

What's that? I figured... :<

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

No, they don't.

Rights (performance, sync, reproduction, etc.) have only gotten more expensive over time and publishing companies have started bringing the hammer down. It's the whole reason you couldn't get video on demand for the longest time.

There's a lot of people who don't seem to understand just how seriously the music publishing industry is coming down on this activity. It's severe, and it's expensive.

• Like 2

Well, I can guarantee you they would sell a hell of a lot more videos if they were at a lower price.