Pittsburgh Palaver

Hmm. Colts. Dark Side of the Moon was really great and we got into it.You can tell that the corps enjoys this part the most too. Light boxes just don't work at 7:45 pm outside. Pit was WAYYYYY too loud. Brass was good except for a lack of definition in moving parts.

Did anyone see Pacific Crest? Thoughts?

Yes. I liked them a lot. Seemed to be playing with in themselves and had a nice balanced sound.

Some good and bad ideas in visual IMO. I thought it was a good run and an enthusiastic response.

• Like 1

Finally got to the stadium. Missed the first 2 1/2 corps due to parking issues.

Great to have a female announcer in the booth. First time I can remember being at a show where that's happened.

Troopers are up next!

#TheWife says PC and Madison are sharing evening snack after the show.

• Like 4

I LOVE Troopers. Very mature program from them. I wish they had enough visual to make finals. Great brass sound with little amplification needed (except in the one part in the Symphony No. 1. I wish that part was not there.)

We have a half hour INT. The souvenir stands are out of the gate and up the hill. Good thing we already were tgere. I really wish they were closer. The band boosters are selling a ton of baked goods under the stands but I think there would be room if they tried.

Waiting for my son to return with my haluski. I'm old and can't get up.

Edited by mfrontz

Finally got to the stadium. Missed the first 2 1/2 corps due to parking issues.

Great to have a female announcer in the booth. First time I can remember being at a show where that's happened.

Troopers are up next!

Bluecoats always have a female announcer at their home shows.

Academy had a pretty good run. A brass player did trip on a headstone and overturn it (vandalism) but didn't appear to be hurt. They didn't draw nearly as positive a response as usual. I think the crowd is sitting on their hands until S outs and Crown perform. I hate that.

• Like 5

Colts are always way better in person. They have great brass and besson57 is right on about the pit volume being too high. The boxes just don't work. Not enough back light. It'd be nice to see what we should see. They had a new ending (to me anyway) with the corps forming a giant star. Very classy.

Edited by richburgher