Carolina Crown 2017

So...you don't have any sources...right?

I wasn't the one that said anything. I don't need a source.

My point was, you keep asking for sources as if someone is going to give you names. No one is going to do that lol

But why don't you ask some of the members yourself how they feel about them? Let us know when you get to the bottom of it.

• Like 1

Nope...just want to know where this idea came from. Or is it just speculation coming from some Crown haters.

And there's a big difference between a Crown hater and people who don't really love the Coates. Dont get all defensive and lump them into one. I loved Crown before the Coates were there, I loved Crown while the Coates were there, and I'll love them after the Coates leave...as will many of us.

The staff and kids are the heart of that program for me.

Edited by MChap47
  • Like 1

I wasn't the one that said anything. I don't need a source.

My point was, you keep asking for sources as if someone is going to give you names. No one is going to do that lol

But why don't you ask some of the members yourself how they feel about them? Let us know when you get to the bottom of it.

So it is just a bunch of DCP speculation is what you're saying. I know that no one is going to name anyone. That's not the point. Cause what I've heard is that this whole thing was mutual between Crown and these guys that left. And don't forget...Crown still has a phenomenal brass staff and I have not heard anything about the visual guys leaving. So they must have not had any trouble with the administration.

And there's a big difference between a Crown hater and people who don't really love the Coates. Dont get all defensive and lump them into one. I loved Crown before the Coates were there, I loved Crown while the Coates were there, and I'll love them after the Coates leave...as will many of us.

The staff and kids are the heart of that program for me.

I am not defensive. Just trying to figure out why people are saying these things. As far as 'the Coates' it sounds like you know them and have had a problem with them. Well...folks I know who have volunteered for Crown say they love the administration staff including the Coates and come back year after year to help out.

I'm fine with chalking this up to that all those staff members left mutually and happy. Sure. But that won't solve anything if there is an internal problem

I don't know enough about Crown to know of any internal problem. Like I said...the two friends I have who volunteer love Crown and go back every year. And I read on their website how they have tons of kids coming to auditions and most of the vets returning each year. So there can't be that big of an internal problem like you say. But who knows. I guess everyone's perspective might be different.

Edited by auldschool

I don't know enough about Crown to know of any internal problem. Like I said...the two friends I have who volunteer love Crown and go back every year. And I read on their website how they have tons of kids coming to auditions and most of the vets returning each year. So there can't be that big of an internal problem like you say. But who knows. I guess everyone's perspective might be different.

I haven't said this is a big internal problem. But there must be something going on. That's where this discussion stemmed from. Half of their staff left lol

• Like 1

I haven't said this is a big internal problem. But there must be something going on. That's where this discussion stemmed from. Half of their staff left lol

Well it's not funny in any way! None of these staff changes are funny. Lots of people leaving corps and going to other corps...not just at Crown. It's not good for the members at all.

well -- 3 friends all left at the same time. hardly half the staff. pretty bad exaggeration. and those 3 were given some really powerful motivation to jump all at once!

aungst was more of an advisor but he's not the whole percussion caption. and an entirely different departure.

Edited by corpsband