Season Recap: 2017 Blue Knights Show Seen By Many

I like that BK acknowledges how fans greatly appreciated the lack of amplification. They seem very self-aware that fans love a powerful acoustic show. I expect that they'll build on this next year. 

Another note of interest is the DATR attendance figure of over 10,000. This is a non-regional show. If the lineup was fleshed out a bit more, DATR would rival the regionals for attendance. I would go so far to say that if it was made a true regional, it would rival finals for attendance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shofmon88 said:

I like that BK acknowledges how fans greatly appreciated the lack of amplification. They seem very self-aware that fans love a powerful acoustic show. I expect that they'll build on this next year. 

I agree... I thought they had a nice balance with the electronics.

A bit of narration, nothing too obtrusive, supporting the theme... plus those great special effects involving the snare drummer and mellophone player.

• Like 2

This show grew on me as the season went on.  the first time I saw it I felt like a "get off my lawn" guy.  Shaking my proverbial fist at the show/concept.  But after several live viewings of the show, I looked forward to seeing it at Finals week.  Things I loved as well about the show...

1) The drum set player was fantastic

2) The snare drum solo, and tasteful use of electronics along with it

3) The fact that I was "on the field" with them in semis (In the fact that I could see my own reflection in one of the mirrors that night.  Just the "right" angle.)

21 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I agree... I thought they had a nice balance with the electronics.

The two kids standing on their heads had nice balance too, although I have no worldly idea why they were doing it. 

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

The two kids standing on their heads had nice balance too, although I have no worldly idea why they were doing it. 

I hear ya... only explanation might be "It's a Blue Knights thing."   :tongue: