Parades: Who did you see this July 4th?

So, with all the great parades and all the different corps participating, eho did you see this July 4th? 

For me, it was Wakefield, MA. Bluecoats, Cadets, and Spirit of Atlanta were the DCI corps, Connecticut Hurricanes were the only DCA/all age corps. Spirit wowed everyone, Cadets were invited by a family to enjoy some snacks, and a few folks wondered by I “blooed” and the corps members actually appreciated it.

Other musical groups included Cape Cod’s Spirit of America band from Orleans, MA, which has given us at least two Cadets, Lakeside Lutheran High School Band out of Wisconsin, and the Burlington Teen Tour Band out of Canada. The Burlington group was at Cranston last night as spectators. To the Bristol July 4th folks, if you have this group back next year, invite them to perform at the Cranston show next year. It wouldn’ Be the first time a band performed in exhibition.  They are excellent. 

While I would love to say the musical groups were the most popular marchers in Eakefield, sadly none of them would have won that award. There were more than a fair share of children, about ages 4-8 near me who went crazy when a group of Disney princesses and the PAW Patrol characters passed by.